Sports Day

Author's Note:
I haven't fixated on a story in so long, send help.

That night it was drizzling rain. So Bad and Skeppy sat together by an opened window at the back. Skeppy blew smoke out, while Étoiles complained.

"You know I'm still awake?"

"We know, we don't care." Skeppy leaned on the sill of the open window. "My arms are killing me."

"Still aching from archery?" Bad stretched his arms out. "Mine hurt too."

"Archery was ass..." Skeppy sighed and closed the window. "I better stop before Étoiles reports me."

"Hey, my bro, I would not." Étoiles claimed from his bed. He had a habit of laying wrapped up but never sleeping. Resting his body but never his mind.

"You probably would." Skeppy put his vape back in a safe place in his bag. "You seem like that type."

"What's th–"

There was a knock at the door. Skeppy panicked slightly. The cabin definitely had a slight incriminating smell to it.

Bad went to open the door while Skeppy sprayed a suspicious amount of cologne.

"Oh, hi." Bad sighed in relief. "Can I help you?"

The voice was so quiet that nobody but Bad heard it.

"Okay, come in."

Bad opened the door and let Cellbit in. "Good luck waking him."

Skeppy stared until Bad nudged him.

Cellbit climbed into Roier's bunk and woke him with just a couple shakes.

Skeppy looked at Étoiles next. Étoiles was giving him a weird look back. They were all– in a way, thinking about Cellbit in a bad way.

Skeppy sat on the edge of Étoiles bed and played with the hem of his sleep sweater.
This lunatic is in my cabin.

Cellbit and Roier whispered amongst themselves for a couple minutes. Bad caught some of the words, but they were speaking Spanish. Probably on purpose, so no one but them understood.

Then Cellbit was taken gently into Roier's arms. And the two hugged tenderly, like the others weren't even there.

Skeppy shifted around on the bed and looked at Étoiles. Étoiles was trying not to laugh. He found things like this mildly awkward. Skeppy looked at Bad, and Bad was smiling. He softened too.
Maybe he's not that weird.

The cabin was too quiet until Roier spoke. "Is it okay if Cellbo stays in here with me for a few hours?"

Étoiles finally cracked and laughed. "What exactly do you plan to do in that bed? Because I do not sleep, and I do not want hear you having the sex."

"No, no!" Roier refused loudly. "Mi gatinho is no for the sex. He is asexual." Roier said it so matter-of-factly, so confidently. Like he didn't think anyone would care. But if they did, he might kill them.

Cellbit was looking at them now too, the way a deer might look at wolves.

"That's fine." Bad spoke up on the other's behalf. "But is everything okay?"

"Everything es fine." Roier said confidently. But obviously something wasn't fine.

Everyone turned out the lights and crawled into bed. So they didn't need to watch the couple cuddle and rub each other on the face and back.

They spoke to each other too. Since they spoke in a mix of Spanish and Portuguese, there conversation was merely background noise to the others.

The only thing Bad understood was "Te amo." And "Eu também te amo." His stomach fluttered at it.