Campfire Night

That night was campfire night. It would occur every Friday, depending on weather.

Everyone was gathered around a generous fire. Marshmallows were handed around but no one was allowed to toast them. Because two boys were throwing flaming hot marshmallows at each other.

"Does anyone want to tell a scary story?"

Cellbit stood up confidently, because he had Roier there with him. "I will."

Skeppy nudged Bad. "I just know this guy has the best and most terrifying story."

"If you get too scared, you can hold my hand." Bad teased.

Bad was a bit disappointed. He hoped it would be raining tonight. So he would be able to go out into the woods with Skeppy as soon as possible. They needed to talk about what happened.

Cellbit stood in the circle, but people kept looking at Roier. Like they were more worried about what Roier might do or say.

Cellbit cleared his throat. He seemed prepared, yet his story was improv. "They say beware of the quiet ones, and that is true."

That seemed to be enough to get everyone's attention locked in.

"In a cabin, in the woods. In this very camp, but in the future...there is a group of boys playing. They see that there is another boy, alone. 'should we ask him to join us?' one boy asks. His friends laugh. 'no, he's a lunatic.'
The boys keep playing, purposely throwing their ball in the direction of the lunatic. They hit him over and over. 'sorry, accident.' they say. But crazy people are not stupid people. That night when the boys all went to bed, the lunatic did not. And that next morning, the group of assholes were found dead. Their bodies mangled and their organs missing. Bite marks along their faces. T–"

"Okay! We're not going to do stories then. Sit down, Cellbit."

Skeppy laughed. "I kind of like him. He's weird, but he's hilarious. He's totally trolling everyone."

"Heh, I just hope he doesn't actually do anything..." Bad remembered the blank look on Cellbit's face. When he brought a rock down on Johnathan. Cellbit seemed to feel no remorse. Not even when the boy went home with a severe concussion, blood staining his forehead.

"You know better than that." Skeppy placed a hand on Bad's leg.

Bad might as well have been deaf, because he didn't hear anything else being said. All he felt was the hand on his leg. The touch felt how frosting tastes. Soft, sweet, and a little overwhelming.

"Cellbit, Mi hermoso novio." {My beautiful boyfriend.}

Cellbit and Roier held hands by the fire, and no one said anything out loud. They whispered and looked, but they didn't say anything out loud.

Skeppy put a hand over his chest and hissed.

"Are you okay?" Bad finally came back to earth.

"Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to worry you. My heart flutters sometimes. It startles me. It's normal...for me."

Bad tried not to worry, but it showed on his face. "Let me know if you need anything." Bad's heart was fluttering too. He assumed for a different reason.

"I'm okay, really. It was probably your pretty face that made it happen anyway."

Bad held his breathe. Maybe if he could pass out, no one would care about his red face.

"Don't worry, everyone's staring at Cellbit." Skeppy put his hand back on Bad's leg.

Bad let his breath out. "Skeppy–" the name sounded desperate. Like it was a plea and not just a name.