34. No one touches you

The last 2 weeks went past in a blur. I focused on my exams and Fort focused on ruining them.
We both were furious on each other.
I for his normal tendency of making my life a dance floor for bad luck and He for me ignoring him.

Yes I ignored his sexual innuendos and raw language and he angry pleads. I was plain angry.

Exams finally ended. Fort did his part but I acted oblivious to his acts. This furthur infuriated him. I avoided him every where I could. Even while sleeping he tried to drift close to me touch me, though I wanted to feel the ecstasy of his touch I just refused. He kept getting frustrated.

My mom on the other hand didn't mention a word about that night. I couldn't imagine how it might feel to hear such voluptuous comments about her daughter which were to some extent true. I felt almost guilty for not apologizing to be such a pathetic daughter.

The day my exams finished I left school early before Fort could catch up.

" Mom! I am back" I declared with a sigh

" Hi sweetie! Your exams are finally over!! Isn't that great! It's party time" She squeled excited

I gave her a weak smile. She being my mom could tell in a nanosecond something was wrong with me. I went up to the terrace quietly.

The winters had finally approached. I hugged my jacket tighter around me to secure me from the glacial winds. My blood felt icy and thick. My tears rolled down my cold cheek spreading a small whisp of warmth.

" What happened between you and Fort?" She asked

" How do you know it's Fort?"

"Has to be. Firstly because today I don't see you guys together squabbling yelling and screaming at each other. Secondly.... You had a fight with him that night.Right?" She asked setting her hand on my shoulder
" Mom It's just not what you think. He and I arnt together. We hate each others.Its certaib things that are complicated and I can't explain. But i swear I am done with him. I don't want to be around someone who doesn't even care for me."

"I won't say he doesn't care for you. He seemed to be very much concerned about you!" Mom stated rather surprised.

" He isn't!that day when I had a fever because I was in yhe rain for so long was-

" Oh ya! If he wasn't there you would have had to sleep in the rain" Mom gave a small laugh

" What?? "

"What what?"

" You brought me in and changed me into warm clothes and covered the blanket? "

" What! No! It was Fort. He informed me that you are on a fever and he placed you in on the bed and your fast asleep."
She shrugged

I gasped. I couldn't believe my mom's words. Why would he help me when he wanted to hurt me

I never want to hurt you or see you cry.

He just tortured me to an extreme I could take. But that doesn't give him the right to treat me in whatever way he does.

"So you had already met him before I introduced you to him?"

" Yeah! I was about to tell you I have met him but you just cut me in between and dragged him out"

" Oh gods"

He changed my clothes?????

Without my goddamned permission?

" Look Flo. I really don't understand you and Fort. But don't leave something dangling like this. Sort things out ..just do what you think is right. And if nothing works out.. " She hugged me tightly"... I am always there for you"