50. Just Friends

I hadn't felt this confused for a long time. Shell was right that I was madly in love with him. I was going insane with the urge to kiss him again like we used to. What Shell told me was too much to handle. It's unimaginable how corrupted even heaven is. Perfectionism is one thing humanity and rationality is something else. Angels are supposed to be perfect but they are not. They will never be. Even Fort is never going to be perfect. Probably that's why angels are real too. Because reality is never perfect. So should I forgive Fort?

But It was morally wrong. He killed my Dad. How can I ever forgive him for that? But then I think about when I met him. He was such an arrogant jerk. I can't say the same for him now when I see him. I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe we can try to be friends again. I need to get rid of the awkwardness and discomfort I get on seeing him.

I paced around the room thinking what to do when suddenly the door opened. I jumped a little at the sudden intrusion. Fort was standing at the door way with his emotionless expression.

" Fort! What are you doing. I-

" Before you get on your rant express I am here to take my stuffs. That's all"

He walked to my closet and grabbed his shirts

" You barely have two or three shirts. " I said rolling my eyes

" Well I will do with that then. I am not going to run shirtless around the streets because you threw me out of your house." He snapped

" You can do a good show and earn some money" I suggested innocently

" Money is the last thing I will ever need. " He smirked grabbing his black t-shirt

I sighed. I bit my lip as I looked at him. What was wrong with me? I am supposed to dislike him but Shell's words kept echoing in the corners of my mind. I can't just change everything so why not just start over as friends?

" Fort!" I called out as he was exiting. He stopped on his tracks and turned to look at me.

" Anything which is worth listening?" He asked

" Stop being a jerk as always " I snorted

"Really? I am being a jerk. Last time I checked a certain girl was like 'Fort I hate you! Get away from me! No no come here Fort make love to me I want to kiss you cause your undeniably handsome and I dont care that you love me'" He mimicked in my voice throwing his hands dramatically like Regina George.

" Firstly I'll give you a D for that terrible show.I sound nothing like that.Secondly excuse me I never offered to make out with you! I was actually trying to figure something out... "

" Figure out what exactly Flo?"

" Us!" I shrieked
We both fell silent for while. I could hear his silent heavy breaths as he waited for me to say something. I looked into his eyes which were fixed on me with so much hope.

" You mean there is a possibility of Us?"

" Fort... I dont know what is going to happen. I am too confused. Let's just be normal friends and just hang out like before. My Dad died Fort. I can't forgive you easily.. "

"Flo I know how you feel! My mom died too and guess what I didnt have anyone to blame for her death but me! I don't even know where the hell is she! She can be alive I don't even know. But I am not going to spend my life trying to blame someone for a death. I messed up yes I did. I screwed your life upside down but I am begging for a chance to fix a bit of it please let me."

I bit my lips as we stared at each other in silence.

" Fine.. We can try to work this but as friends. " I concluded