44. You are... asking me out

" You staying in today?" My mom asked curiously.

" Yeah..don't feel like going anywhere..." I replied

The past few days have been pretty complicated for me. It was so hard to control my haywire emotions. I couldn't stop the feeling which grew larger and lager no matter how hard I tried to contain them. Seeing him melted my heart and when he walked closer, gods, I could literally die.

I had to be super careful because of his mind reading ability.

I just felt my heart falling of the cliff with each time he laced his words with sexual humor. It didnt bounce of me like it used to it hit my hard and ignited me.

I stood near the kitchen table cutting a bell pepper with my mom.

" Is Fort coming for dinner tonight?"

Mom was used to having Fort around for lunch , dinner and breakfast. She never questioned, she infact enjoyed his company anef liked having him around. I try to interact less with Fort because of my new found feeling. I can't properly converse without wanting to kiss him or confess to him.

" Y-Yes he will" I stuttered.

" That's great! I am making tacos and I totally want Fort to try them out. "

I smiled. I liked how my mom had an acceptance for him. She never really showed much liking towards Ryan. But with Fort it's like she found a best friend. I liked the loving relation we all had. It was almost like a family... just without Dad. I sighed. He was not any better nor is he showing major recovery.

I set the table as I looked up at the clock. 7:30 pm. I'll go and call Fort for dinner.

" Hello ladies" He walked in wiyh that ever so flirtatious smile which charmee my mom too.

" Fort! It's so lovely you are here!" She gave him a one arm hug.

" How can I miss your tacos" He grinned

Mom gasped."How did you know!! "

" It's written on Flo's face " He winked at me. I couldn't help but smile. " But I guess that the tacos will have to wait..." He said all of a sudden. He was slightly quite.

" Why? " I asked confused

He hesitantly held my hand making my heart flutter uncontrollably. Why is holding my hand?

He cleared his throat looking nervous as hell. Even my mom looked at him with curiosity.

" Florentine Gem.. Will you go out with me on a date? " He asked quietly.

My eyes widened. He was asking me out...

" We go out all the time so-

" No.. Will you go out on an actual date with me? " He asked emphasizing on the term actual.

I was caught off guard. Actual date...

" I should probably go... " Mom piped in as she left.

"Why are you asking me on a date? " I asked cocking my eyebrow.

" Well Flo if you haven't observed.... I think you deserve a date. Maybe not from me, but for time being I am what you have." He shrugged.

Not from him? Is he kidding me? He is literally melting my heart right here and he thinks I want to date anyone else but him? My heart was leaping with excitement and anxiety.

" Where are you taking me?"

" That's my surprise." he winked

" Yes!" I replied sounding more excited than I should