12. HEART'S CONTENT

Bismillah.

Yey! More than 600 reads. Thanks everyone! 

Chapter dedicated to ssha1kh for her marathon reads, votes and comments. Shukran Sis! ^__^

12. Heart's Content

Amir's POV

The strongest person in the sight of Allah is he who is able to withhold his anger. The Prophet (s.a.w) told a man who once asked for his advice, "Don't get angry, don't get angry, don't get angry." When angry, be silent and seek refuge to Allah.

And that's what I did. Saying, "A'oothu billahi minash – shaytanir – rajeem (I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast)" again and again. I turned my eyes away as I saw Aaron opening the door of his car and out came my future wife. I looked again and saw them talking. When I saw her smiled at him, my being boiled with anger. But no, I will not get out from this car. It would only make things worse if I confront them.

But she disrespected you Amir, my mind is telling me. I mean look at her, only the two of them got out from the car. Who knows where they came from? And why were they together in the first place?

Aaron got inside of his car and Zai went inside their house. While I released the heavy breath I was withholding and felt my heart constricted with too much pain.

Why Zai? Was I not deserving of your loyalty and honesty?

I composed myself before I left my car and made my way to their house. I pressed on the doorbell and heard the tune from inside the house. The gate opened and it was her who opened.

"Assalamu alaykum Zai my love. Cake for delivery, from my heart to yours," I said to her, smiling and showing her the box from Sitti's.

She looked at the box with a bit of distaste before answering me back.

"Wa alaykumusalam. Come on in," she said coldly.

I felt my heart rejected. I felt my entire being feeling scared at her remark. Could she have had a change of heart and wishes Aaron to be her future husband instead of me? We both entered and Zai announced to her Mom and Dad that I was at home.

"What a lovely surprise my son," Inah said and giving me a hug. She was wearing gloves and holding out a big scissors for cutting twigs and branches.

"It's nice to see you Inah," I said to her.

We entered their house, still in awkward silence.

"Welcome, make yourself feel comfortable," his father said who was reading a newspaper at the living room. I sat beside him as Zai got the cake and entered the kitchen. I found myself wishing that she'd be touched by the wordings on it.

"So what brings you here?" Amah asked.

"Just wanted to visit the family Amah and give the cake to Zai," I said.

He folded his newspaper and stood up, tapping my shoulder.

"That's so nice of you son. Well, I have a wife to help in the garden," he said, smiling.

"Make yourself comfortable," he uttered again before leaving the house.

Zai then returned with a glass of juice and cookies. So she did not slice the cake yet. She must have been happy about it, is she? She placed the try and sat on the opposite couch.

"Here, eat."

"Thanks."

"So what brings you here?" she said.