18. THE GUEST LIST

Bismillah.

18. The Guest List

Aaron's POV

I watched Zai gave Amir a very tight hug. Her face was radiantly smiling. She's happy. Alhamdulillah. When they went inside the private room probably to finish the work she had to do, I too off my helmet and stared above the stars.

"Okay ya Allah, I get it now. I have to let her go," I whispered.

I sighed. This is not going to be easy at all. I have lived my every day and night watching over her. I do not want to call it stalking because I ain't a stalker. I just care about her deeply. And it's time to go. Time to give up without letting her know. Unlike Amir, I am not the type of man who has to pronounced and announced, the way he did with that card to ZJ. I will move on now and when I am ready, I will find myself a wife. In shaa Allah.

I put on my helmet again and drove back home.

____________________________________

Amir's POV

As I drove my wife back home, I can't help but stare at her pretty face. We already prayed fajr at the shop. It's only 5 am and I made her promised to sleep the entire day and let Cherry do the distribution of invitations. One of the unique things about Prints Perfectly is that they deliver invitation personally. This is why her business is booming. I returned my focus back on the road and recall how wonderful the night has been. She has been so happy. And I love making her happy.

My phone vibrated on its stand and just in time, the red light was shown. I pressed on the breaks slightly and opened the message. It was from Freya.

"Sir, we have an urgent meeting with the Arab Investors tonight at 7:30 in the evening. They just sent an email that they will be arriving at 5:00 pm. After the meeting, they are to go to Indonesia so they wouldn't really have other time. Good morning Sir. Thank you."

Wow, they finally agreed to a meeting. Alhamdulillah! I can go international now. Astaghfirullah. How about the Wedding Anniversary celebration of the Khans couple? I again looked at my beautiful wife.

"I'm sorry Hon. I'm sure you'd understand if I have to prioritize the business first. I'll just make it up to you," I mentally told myself.

The green light was shown and I continued my driving.

____________________________________

Zai's POV

My husband was carrying me towards the bedroom. I wanted to open my eyes and gazed at his handsome face but I was too sleepy. So I let sleep overtake. I felt him draping the blanket over me. Then the feel of his lips on my cheek and forehead.

"Sleep tight my love. I love you," he whispered.

"Love you too," I managed to say.

I woke up with a ready breakfast on the bedside table. I stared at the wall clock on the south wall and saw it was 10:15 in the morning. Wow, I slept for more than four hours. No wonder I feel so rested and energized. There was a note on the side of the milk. Feeling like a teenager, I squealed and read it.

"Hey there my Sunshine. Need to get back to the office today. I miss you already even if I'm writing this and you're just inches away from me. Drop by the office at lunch will you? In shaa Allah. I love you so so much! Assalamu alaykum. Yours, Amir, the love of your life. *winks*"

I felt myself blushing. He's back at his own self. Calling me with all the sweet endearments he could think of. Now he just called me Ms. Sunshine. And he misses me. He always misses me now. I have Allah to thank. Alhamdulillah. I also have Aaron's advice to be grateful for.