46. AMIR'S DU'A

46. Amir's Du'a 

Aaron's POV

I entered Prints Perfectly and was greeted by several employees. Wow, the shop really has widened the space since the last time I was here. The place got renovated as well.

"Assalamu alaykum Sir. I'm Dylan. What can we do for you?" a man said appearing in front of me.

"Oh, I'm Aaron Musa, I'm here for my wedding invitations," I answered.

"Very well Sir

"Very well Sir. Have you made an appointment?"

"Yes to Ms. Cherry," I replied.

"Oh she already handed the portfolio about it awhile ago. This way Sir please," Dylan said who led me towards a private office.

I nodded and followed him. Prints Perfectly has four offices inside it now. Good development.
I entered the office and Dylan and I talked about the details of the printing of the invitation. Another male employee went in to give me coffee. I noticed that only men were entertaining me while the female clients are entertained by the female employees too. Wow, Amir and Zai has really gone wiser and better. Alhamdulillah.

After what seemed to be an hour, I left the shop and walked towards the parking area for my car. As I pressed the button, a car parked next to mine and out came Zai. She waved at me and I waved back. I stood in front of my car while she hurriedly climbed down.

"Assalamu alaykum," I started to say.

Zai was wearing a black abaya with black veil. She smiled at me.
"Wa alaykumusalam. You're going already? Did Dylan attend you well?" she asked while walking towards me.

By now, she was five footsteps away from me, the distance, noticeable, but comfortable enough for me.

"Who's the lucky girl?" she teased.

"Wrong, I'm the luckier one," I mused.

She looked down before she returned her gaze on my face.

"Alhamdulillah Aaron, good for you," she uttered softly.

"Yes. Alhamdulillah," I answered and placed my hand on my pocket, a nervous gesture of mine.

"Well, I'm not going to keep you up. I'll go over the invitations and finalize them myself," she said.

"In shaa Allah, thank you!"

"Mabrook!" she said before turning at the other direction, towards her shop.

I just smiled and nodded at her, watching her go.

I touched my chest. Yup, no more pain. Allahu akbar. No regrets, no sadness, nothing. Just pure excitement and joy for my future.

I climbed inside my car and dialed my fiancee's number.