39. FLOWER THAT BLOOMS

I love Amir and I too am sad for him but a writer must write what the story asks for.

Bismillah.

39. FLOWER THAT BLOOMS

Aaron's POV

"No. That's not right, in any way. Bring her with you. She's your wife. She does not deserve to stay here, waiting and wondering. That won't be fair to her," I told Amir.

I was sweating cold. I was nervous as hell. I want Zai. I love her so so much. I want her so so much. And it hurts me so so much to let her go. But I cannot let go what was never mine.  I can only accept that this is Allah's Plan.

I started at Amir who brushed his face with his hands, then looked at the palms of his hands.

"I need to know who she truly loves, me or you," he said, his eyes now looking at mine.

"She won't be miserable if she isn't in love with you man. Come on! Snap out of it!" I told him, feeling impatient.

Couldn't he see, he's one lucky man to have Zai as his wife?

There really isn't no problem but a nonsense kiss that I caused.

"I'll go to Egypt and fix your ZJ problem. I know a doctor there in a mental institution, one of Dad's clients. I'll leave as soon as I can. I'll do the best I can. Just don't ... just don't leave Zai again. I'm not one to beg but I'm begging you to stop the confusion, end this separation and just be the great loving husband she misses and deserves," I said, getting teary – eyed.

Amir looked at me seriously as if considering my effort.

"ZJ might kill herself," he uttered.

"Damn it Amir! If ZJ wanted to kill herself, she should have done it already. She's doing it to destroy your marriage and you're letting her. Don't tell me an intelligent man like you still don't get it? Or are you intentionally finding a reason to be away from Zai?"

Amir stood up and in one swift motion, his fist hit the wooden table.

"I am not! I just ... I'm just scared!"

"Scared of what?"

"That my wife may be f*cking in love with my best friend! Or that my best friend might be a better husband for her than me! That's the problem here!" Amir screamed out loud, loud enough for everyone in the shop to hear.

"Hon... honey... what did you say..?" Zai's trembling voice uttered.

She was standing behind Amir's chair, wearing a new abaya with yellow sequins on the sleeves and edges. She looked so fragile, vulnerable and shocked.

"He didn't mean what he said," I instantly said.

Amir's eyes were wide open. He turned around and reached out to touch Zai's shoulder but she shrugged and stepped two pace backwards.

"I thought ... you ... You said that it didn't bother you..." she whispered.

"He was just kidding Zai," I said.

Amir was speechless and disturbed looking. He opened his mouth to speak. But suddenly Lemuel appeared behind me and started walking so fast towards Zai. She grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the kitchen.

"Let her go," Amir and I chorused.

But Lemuel did not listen. We followed after him when he suddenly stoped and faced us both.
______________________________________________________________________
Zai's POV