26. THAT KISS

Bismillah.

26. That Kiss

Aaron's POV

"Hey Uncle Ey-ey, are you sure you're alright?" Ayesha asked me, wanting to break down in tears.

We fell inside a well. It was covered with just layers of banana leaves and I didn't see where I was heading. I was screaming for help when suddenly Ayesha came falling down to the ground. I caught her so hurriedly that my foot stepped on a broken glass, making it bleed out. Now I was wrapping the wound with the torn piece of my shirt. Unfortunately, I didn't have my phone. People must be worried by now. My biggest worry though is Yahya. He ran so far away from the main shore. It's almost sunset and I pray to Allah that he isn't lost in the resort. I should have not gone impatient with him. I should have given in to his request of seeing his Mommy. His Mommy? Oh I am so pathetic. Yeah, as much as nonsense it may seem. I see Yahya as our child. We both love him. And I still love her.

"I'm alright. Hush... don't cry. We'll be saved, in shaa Allah. Want to make a du'a?" I asked her.

She simply nodded and I recited the Al – Fatihah. She recited it with me. This made me smile. Amir's siblings are like my own too. Being an only child, I was always into children and making friends.

After making du'a, I felt lighter.

"Hey, is there anyone up there?" I started calling out again.

"Help, help us please," Ayesha yelled.

"It's my fault Uncle. I should not have said something mean to Yahya," she said with a pout face.

"No sweetie, it's not your fault. If it makes you feel better, Yahya easily forgives. I'm sure you and him would be good friends once we get out of here," I comforted her.

"In shaa Allah," she said with a hopeful small voice.

The sound of footsteps and a motorcycle made us both looked up. We began screaming for help again. Soon enough, we saw three figures looking down on us. Amir, Ridzmar and her.

"Alhamdulillah, thank God you're safe," Zai said in relief.

"I was right. They're down here," Ridzmar said.

"I'll go get the rope," Amir said worriedly.

"Hurry, Uncle Ey-ey is hurt," Ayesha said.

When we were all retrieved from the well, I still did not dare to look at her face.

"What happened?" Ridzmar asked.

"My fault. I was being bad to Yahya. He ran off and Uncle and I followed him but we fell. Where is he Uncle Ridz?" Ayesha asked.

"Yahya's back at their cottage Yesh, no need to worry. Come, let me carry you. You look so tired," Zai said in a very gentle sweet voice which made me wish for a while that it was me she was speaking.

"I'll carry her Hon," Amir offered.

Ridzmar assisted me in climbing his motorcycle and then I saw Zai coming towards us.

"Let's go," I said to Ridzmar, hurrying him up.

"I think my sister wants to speak with you," he answered.

"I really just want to rest ASAP," I told him but still we were there until Zai reached us. Amir was beside her.

"Do you have a first aid kit for you wound?" she asked me.