40. THE SKETCH, THE SUN HAS SET

Alhamdulillah. Thanks to SybilLee this story got nominated for Best Spiritual Story for The Literary Awards 2017. I would really appreciate it if you my dearest readers, take some time to nominate for this story too. Just go to The Literary Awards 2017 and enter in this story and my name on the inline comment section on the Nomination Chapter under Best Spiritual Story Category. Just type: The Unloved Wife by @Lovesotrue
In shaa Allah. Thank you. ^___^

40. The Sketch, The Sun Has Set

Zai's POV

I placed the last letter I beneath P. And Lemuel counted the score.
"I still won beautiful. I'm 50 points away from you," he teased.

"Okay. Can we take the groufie after the lock down is over?" I said, suddenly feeling shy of having a selfie with my boss.

"Nope, a deal's a deal, a prize is a prize, no changing," he answered shaking his head.

I was about to protest some more when the sound of some feet made us both turned to the stairs. It was Aaron and Amir.

"We need to leave now," Aaron said.

"Huh? Is the lock down already over?" I asked.

It hasn't even been thirty - six hours yet.

"I meant, it's my time with you now," Aaron said hesitatingly, then looked at my husband standing on the next stair case above him.

Lemuel checked is wrist watch.

"It's just 11:15 am. Myt time isn't up," he remarked.

I heard Amir murmuring some words I cannot understand what. Aaron just held his arm and cleared his throat.

"We have to cook lunch," he said.
I stared at my husband's eyes and saw sadness and guilt. It had my heart racing and piercing painfully so I looked away. I stood up and went towards them in silence. The men led the way and Lemuel followed behind me.

Upon reaching upstairs at the shop, I closed the underground library and saw Lando sweeping the floor. He smiled at me and I simply nodded. Lemuel sat by the sofa and so did Amir. I expected Lemuel to say something about the selfie prize I owe him but surprisingly he didn't press on about it. Alhamdulillah.

Zai, first and foremost, you should not have been down there with him. Astaghfirullah. Sure thing, the poems you both recited boosted your iman. But still he is non - mahram and without the presence of a mahram, you cannot be with him.

"Amir, we would want you to help us cook," Aaron said.

Amir contemplated before standing up and going to the kitchen as well. I followed and hated the awkwardness. But I was silently grateful for Aaron's sense of Islam. Cooking with him is still by the book a prohibition.

"What are we cooking?" Amir and I asked together.

"Chicken adobo?" Aaron asked.

My favorite dish. Actually, all three of us love it.

"I'll do the rice," was what Amir said.

"I'll chop the chickens," Aaron said.

"Okay, while I do the ingredients," I said.

We started working in silence. No one spoke. When Aaron was done with the chopped chicken. He had to stand beside me to placed the chickens inside the casserole. I poured in the soy sauce and vinegar and other ingredients. His arm brushed on mine, giving me the chills. I stepped a bit sideways.