30. NINE O'CLOCK

Assalamu alaykum. It's been almost four months since my last update. I am truly sorry. I just had to prioritize my work and studies. Thank you very much for your sabr and love.

30. Nine O'clock

Zai's POV

I couldn't sleep. How could I when I still haven't told Amir that I just agreed on a six – month contract of being Lemuel's commercial model and endorser? Worse, I have to leave the city by next week for photo shoots.

My arms tighten around his and I inhaled. Then I felt him moved and faced himself towards me but still with his eyes closed.

"Still awake Hon?" he mumbled.

I simply rubbed my hands on his arms.

"I'll fall asleep soon. Don't worry Honey," I said.

"Okay," he responded.

Then he placed his arms around me too. I smelled his tasty scent and thought of all our happy memories until I drifted to sleep.

______________________________________________________________________

Amir's POV

There is something she's not telling me. There is something my wife is not telling me. As I stared at her on the breakfast table, I can definitely sense her feeling tense.

"Okay Honey, we've been through hell together. Tell me what is bothering you," I blurted out sweetly.

She stopped playing with her fork and straightened herself on the seat.

"Nothing Honey. I'm just uhm... thinking of the... the... oh yeah, how's my Poetry Lounge construction?"

"Don't change the subject," this time I said a bit seriously.

Hasn't she fully trusted me and my capacity to set things alright for us?

"Okay. There is something I was meaning to tell you since last night. I'll tell you but promise me you won't get mad," she pleaded.

"I promise."

She stood up and pulled her chair closer to mine. She touched both of my hands then looked me in the eyes. Her touch warmed me all over. Any skinship between my wife and I is enough to make me fall over and over again for her.

"In exchange for ZJ's scholarship, I signed a contract to be Lem's Boutique Commercial Model and next week, I have to be in Tagaytay for the pictorials," she said.

What the! I instantly remove both of my hands from her grip and stood up.

"We talked about this already. How can you do that behind my back?" I asked her angrily.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just wanted to help ZJ and..."

"Then you should have come to me!!!" I shouted at her.

"I am your husband. Why didn't you let me give ZJ the scholarship? Why on earth would you go to that man, who obviously likes you???"

I was feeling so angry that I wanted to punch the wall. I moved away from her and held the temple of my nose, closing my eyes.

"Is it because Lemuel is richer than me? Or more influential than me?" I asked her a bit calmly, looking at her.

She was teary – eyed and shaking. She stood up and was about to come to me but I stepped back.

"It's not like that Honey. I just knew that if ZJ will know that it would be from you, she might again..."

"For God sake Zainab! Haven't you learn enough to trust me? To trust us? Or at least, respect my wishes as your husband? Who am I to you really? Because I don't know anything anymore," I said, feeling a big weight on my shoulder.