16. WALLS CRUMBLING DOWN

Bismillah.

Thank you everyone for the more than 1 thousand reads. Really motivating! All praise be to Allah, Lord of the Alamin.

16. Walls Crumbling Down

Amir's POV

The waves crashed to the sand, producing a soothing sound. The ocean has always been a source of calmness for me. It reminds me of Allah's Greatness, and how HIS creations reflect that truly HE is the Almighty Allah, the Maker, the Creator, and HE has power over everything. The human mind can never comprehend the greatness of Allah. HE is with us but HE is above us, sitting majestically befitting of HIM, on His Mighty Throne above the seven heavens.

Standing underneath the tree and witnessing the sea, I wonder if my wife and I will ever be alright. I love her. Oh God, I love her so much that it hurts inside. It hurts because I wanted to show her how much I love her. But how am I able to do that when there's a wall between us. I know I can simply ask her the queries and doubts of my heart. But I am afraid of her answers. I am afraid she might lie to me. And that would further strengthen the distance that we already have.

But Amir, look back to how you started. How everything was meant to be. I smiled at the memory of the first day I saw her at the Printing Shop, our conversations then, how she shyly ate her cake, the sound of her voice and laughter, her beautiful radiant face, how she slap me when I told her inside my car that I wanted to marry her, how I bath myself in the rain that day, and how courageous I was to introduced myself to his brother and to his parents. My interest in her had made me a decisive person who knows what he want and gets what he want. You wanted Zai to be your wife. She is your wife now. Why is everything then going downhill from here? Secrets do not destroy marriage. The lack of trust does.

I walk towards the beach as soon as the sunlight slightly disappeared. Feeling the sand on my leather shoes, I stared down and found a white glittering stone. I picked it up. This is what I always do when I come here to reflect about my life. I get a stone and write on it when I get home. This stone will remind me how utterly stupid I have been. Zai, no matter how many secrets she hid from me, loves me. And if I keep up this cold treatment to her, I might lose her. And I cannot live with that. She is my everything.

My phone rang and I removed it from my pocket. It was Freya.

"Freya, I did say to cancel all my appointments and meetings for the day," I said feeling annoyed.

"Good afternoon Sir, I am sorry for disturbing you. But a man here insists that I call you for an urgent meeting here at your office," she said sounding nervous.

Who would have the guts to demand a meeting at my very own office?

"Who is that man?"

"Mr. Lemuel Qamar. He told me to tell you that he wants to talk about your wife Sir."

My heart raced at the mention of my wife.

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Okay Sir."

I ended the call and felt stress. Funny how Zai became my stressor and yet she is the only one who can take that away. I really miss us. So starting now, I am going to do the best I can to fix our marriage. I wonder who Lemuel Qamar is and what he has got to do with my wife.

I went back to my car and drove first to the local masjid to pray my Zuhur. I still have not taken my lunch yet. I hope Zai has eaten already. After praying, before I started driving towards my office, I decided to give her a call. When her phone rang, it felt relieving.