The Warrior Queen

Gorgeous emerald, almond-shaped eyes narrowed in the direction of the oncoming army. Pin straight, raven-black hair was pulled back into a sleek pony tail, secured by a beautiful ruby clip.

She drew her sword back and took a deep breath, sweat dripped off her perfectly shaped brow. Blood trickled down her arm from injuries. But she was not backing down now.

The intense heat of the sun beat down on the soldiers backs. The glare of it causing their armors to gleam and shine.

She was born to be a warrior queen. And this moment proved it.

~

Tanera Dragonian was the last of her lineage. When she was but a child, her father was murdered by her uncle in a moment of madness. Angered, her mother sought revenge and massacred her uncle's entire family.

That left her, her brother and her mother left, as the only Dragonians'. Soon after, her mother went mad and died of a incurable disease. As the oldest, her brother rose to power and ruled for a few years as a good and noble king.

Until one night, a group of enemy assassins broke into the castle and decapitated her brother in his sleep. Thankfully, she got away in time. But that left her as the last of her line.

Dragonians' used to be a powerful family, with magical gifts flowing through their veins. A prophecy spoke that the last of the Dragonian line would be a strong and formidable warrior queen, and she would be destined to kill her one true love.

If the prophecy came true, there was no telling what could happen. So Tanera pushed away everyone who came near, for fear she may one day hurt them.

Until a certain someone comes along, who could change her forever.