Chapter Seventeen: Cherry Cola

She my cherry cola
She gon keep me sober
Let me keep you closer
Bum me like a soda
Sweeter than the champagne
Swimming in this cold drink
Keep me from the chardonnay
I'm just sipping one thing

-Kuwada (Cherry Cola)

Alexei:

"A preposition is a suggested scheme or plan of action particularly in a business context, what you are suggesting is a demand. Second of all, I'm not a psychiatrist I am a general surgeon who was previously working on a neurosurgery specialization before I got into this, I'm not the person to look for to help with your personal issues." I frowned.

She would be harder to crack then I thought.

Omid's words rung through my head as I stared her down intensely.

"You tell me... Alexei Vasiliev cannot crack a surgeon? Where is your father's passion, his delight? That man could get any woman... but you would rather spend your time on less qualified women."

"So, you refuse to help me?" I said to her after a prolonged silence.

She sighed, "I am not qualified to help you, Alexei, now if you would like a network of amply-qualified physicians particularly in the Miami area I can help you search—." I cut her off and waved my hands dismissively.

"But I want you to help me, there are not many things I can say to an outside party without raising red flags to the federal agents tailing us." I sat back in the chair and threw my legs up on the desk again. I watched as Dr. Kae's face struggled to keep composed at my action, I smirked. I liked irritating her. Inciting a reaction from her was one thing that brought delight to me.

If she made no reaction, it meant she didn't care.

"Again, one rotation in psychiatry does not qualify me to give you advice, understand that the world of medicine is quite complex and although I do consider myself a brighter individual teaching myself techniques to adapt to this distinctive climate, I can't do everything." She said, her tone sounded final but I would be the one to determine that at the end of the day.

I couldn't help but notice that she sounded smart as fuck. That shit was turning me on.

The stirring in my pants only confirmed my suspicions.

I licked my lips and sat up again, "As informative as your little speech was, I tuned out during the second half. So, here's what's going to happen Dr. Kae... I'm going to walk in here every other day after my oh so traumatic day handling this complex Bravata and you're going to listen to me and tell me how to make it all go away, got it?" I said to her in a serious tone, letting her know that this wasn't an option, an invitation, nor was it even a suggestion.

It was a fucking demand.

If she got to spend all her free time with my brother, then she was going to spend the rest with me.

She narrowed her gaze and through gritted teeth she spoke, "I won't know how to treat you." She said.

I got up and pointed to her bookshelf, "Better start reading up... would you like it if I bought you more of your medical books you love so much?" I suggested to her.

Her jaw looked clenched from where I was standing, "No need the online database serves me well." She replied.

"Great!" I said in Russian although I don't think she could understand that.

"I'll see you soon, Dr. Kae. Have a splendid evening." I winked before making my way to the door, I knew I left her fuming and that's exactly how I liked leaving her, with a reaction.