Chapter Twenty-Six: Summer Friends

"When I was so young before I could remember
I would always treat my gang like family members
Even when the changing nigga never changed up
I always bring my friends, my friends up
When I was so young before I could remember
I would always treat my gang like family members
Even when the changing nigga never changed up
I always bring my friends, my friends up."

-Chance The Rapper (Summer Friends ft. Jeremih & Francis & The Lights)

Andrei:

"One more kiss and I promise I'll leave you alone." Kae bargained. I smiled bending over to match her height so I could peck her lips one more time before I headed off to Russia for a few days. Kae giggled and pulled me back for another kiss, once we broke it off she looked at me with tender eyes.

"I'm going to miss you." She whispered to me.

I pecked her lips, "I'll probably miss you more...when I get back you, and I are going on a real vacation." I said to her.

She arched her eyebrow, "As if, Alexei would allow us.... we haven't even told him about our relationship." She whispered to me. I liked the idea of going on a vacation with Kae, maybe somewhere tropical, white sands, Piña coladas. Or like somewhere in Europe, I always wanted to go to Paris. It sounded like a dream, but I was knew Kae afraid to get her hopes up at the thought that Alexei would let us take a break or whatever.

I slipped the gold cross chain that was sitting in her shirt out and toyed with it a little.

"He gave you this, it means he has absolute trust in you. I doubt he would reject your request." I tucked the chain back into her shirt and gave her a peck, "Okay I really have to go now, it's going to be a long flight." I brushed my lips against hers again, letting my lips fill hers with ease. God, I could just be like this with her forever. I wish I could take her, but this was just too high risk for her; I would be taking Kirill and another close associate with me to get to the bottom of this mole issue. Hopefully, I would find the answers to our questions as well as a particular one I had been saving for quite some time.

"Text me when you land, okay." She squeezed my hand and smiled.

            I nodded, "I will." I promised.

            Kae walked me to the door where the men were waiting for me to head to the private jet. I jogged down the steps and headed into the car. Kae waved once more and I watched her figure all the way until it disappeared from view.

            "So, you and Dr. Kae, huh?" Kirill chuckled as he lit a cigar in the car.

            I rolled my eyes, "Maybe... what's it to you?" I questioned him curiously.

            Kirill shrugged, "Just surprised is all...thought boss man would be the one with the girl at this point in time." He stated as he took a long puff and exhaled filling the air of the car with smoke. I reached over and cracked the window so I could get some breathing air.

            "What's that supposed to me, Kirill?" I said narrowing my gaze at him seriously.

            Kirill made a face, "Don't take offense, brother. Alexei is notorious at taking what belongs to you." He said with another shrug, he inhaled and let out another cloud of smoke into the car.

            Kirill was a jackass sometimes. Like my brother, he tended to say out-loud things that weren't necessarily the most favorable. It was funny because whenever someone said something remotely similar back to him, he would be up in arms.