Chapter Thirty-Five: Hell Of A Life

"Have you lost your mind?

Tell me when you think we crossed the line
No more drugs for me,
Pussy and religion is all I need
Grab my hand and, baby, we'll live a hell of a life

Never in your wildest dreams,
In your wildest
You could hear the loudest screams,
Comin' from inside the screen
You a wild bitch."

-Kanye West (Hell Of A Life)

Kae:

I woke up on a beach, somewhere I didn't know. It was so beautiful with soft black volcanic sand and the sound of the soft waves crashing against the shorelines was music to my ears. Everything felt right here, I was laying against the sand my eyes gazing up at the gray skies in awe. It wasn't sunny, but it didn't need to be this day already felt perfect. I inhaled smelling the sweet fresh air work it's way into my lungs and I exhaled a sigh of content.

Upon doing that I heard rustling somewhere near me, I sat up my eyes opening in the process, and right there emerging from the moody waves was Andrei. I watched him in astonishment as he seemingly walked in my direction in slow motion. The water droplets glistening and sliding off of him like he was in some sort of action movie showcasing his amazing physique. His eyes gunmetal blue eyes instantly linked with my own eyes and I could feel all my fears and worries melting away, I was drowning in his eyes and letting the water carry me all the way to his love. He finished approaching me, his body inched up towards me as a light smiled played on his face, I automatically reached out to him feeling the scruff of his beard, tracing my fingers over his small pink-colored lips, and using my other hands to cup and caress his cheeks.

"Hey beautiful." He whispered to me.

I smiled. "Hey," I replied to him. I continued to admire him in front of him as if I took my hands away from him, he would disappear right in front of me. He felt so real, everything from the curvatures on the bridge of his nose, to his light splattered freckles over his cheeks. My hands touched them all loving the way his silky soft skin felt against my fingertips.

"Why do you look like that?" He asked me curiously.

I cocked my head to the side, "Like what?" I responded.

His eyes fluttered almost looking as if they would close, "Like you're confused." He said.

I pursed my lips. "Where are we? I've never been here before." I said to him.

He chuckled, the sound seeming almost as if it were echoing across this entire beach, drowning the sounds of the water lapping against the shore nearby. "We're everywhere.... we ran away together, remember?" He asked me.

I remained confused. "We ran away?" I asked him.

He nodded and took my hand placing a tender against my knuckles. "Yeah just you and me. You're happy, right?" He asked me seriously watching my face for any change of emotion.

I nodded instantly, "I'm happy... I have you." I smiled falling back into his intense stare.

He smiled back, he inched closer to me our noses touching. "I love you, Riny Kae." He pressed his lips against mine and I held on to him for dear life as I lost myself completely in him. Nothing could take me away from this perfect moment. I was right where I needed to be in life, it was with him. Holding him tight, promising to never let him go again. I promise I wouldn't.

But then I really woke up and it was bright, really bright. The lights were sterile white aching my eyes the minute I opened them. I reckoned I was on the beach with Andrei anymore, instead, I was on a hospital bed hooked up to IV's and a nasal cannula that was placed in my nostrils for supplemental oxygen to my brain, I suppose. The worst thing about being a doctor and a patient in a hospital was that you knew exactly what they were doing to you, even if they weren't telling you anything. I could tell what they had given me in the IV's and how much of it there was and the fact that they had pumped my stomach which was why it ached so much right now.