Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules

"(And now you playin' with my emotions)
Nigga, don't do it, you blew it
You tryna cast spells on a bitch with potions
Nigga, I need devotion
(I'm leaving you with that lotion)
Tellin' me this and that
Then throw that shit for the birds, I'm ghosting
If you don't dive in that pussy like dolphins

If you don't dive in that pussy like oceans
Thumbs up identically like Olsens
Nigga don't hide from that pussy, be open
Nigga want spy on that pussy like Austin
(Do I make you horny baby)
That's my ego that you stroking nigga
Don't laugh, 'cause that pussy ain't joking nigga
Don't splash when the pussy be soaking."

-Doja Cat (Rules)

Kae:

"Kae, you didn't have to get me anything for my birthday," Milena said as she sat and picked through the wrapping of my gift to her. Andrei and I watched her as she opened the packaging eagerly her eyes wide with excitement as she finally got through the wrapping to see what I had gotten her.

"This is the camera I wanted!" She jumped up and came over to me and gave me a tight hug. She let go of me and pressed a kiss against my cheek in thanks.

"It's no biggie to me, just a thank you for all you've done for me," I said gratefully.

Milena smiled, "That's what friends are for." She said in a sing-song tone and I rolled my eyes.

Milena then sat back down to open the gift that Andrei had gotten her. She smiled when she opened the ornate box to reveal a set of very expensive looking painting brushes. The wood finishes were shiny and it even had a letter in it. She read it to herself and held it to her heart when she was done.

"The La Dala collection brushes aren't even available for purchases right now. How did you manage to get them and manage to get L'riste to write me a happy birthday wish?" She asked her brother.

I had no idea who L'riste was but I was going to assume he was a painter she admired because of the context of her gift.

Andrei smirked, "That man owes a couple of people favors, favors I took care of in return for the gift." He explained subtly. I arched my eyebrow at the mention of Andrei handling them, but didn't inquire further, I knew how this mafia worked; I didn't need a detailed explanation.

She got up and hugged him, she grabbed his face and pinched his cheeks. "What a good brother." She placed a kiss on his forehead before ruffling his hair. I always admired Andrei and Milena's close sibling relationship. It reminded me heavily of Tariq and I when he was still alive. He always protected me as Andrei did with Milena. Even though he didn't make the best of choices concerning his life, he was still my big brother and the best one I could ask for.

I missed him a lot.

I felt sad for a moment realizing that I no longer had any family with me. My mother was dead, so was my grandmother, then Tariq, I didn't know where Sabien had been adopted to, and I had no idea who my father even was. Being with these guys had made me forget even just for a while that I didn't have a family and or people to rely on for help and support emotionally.

That wave of reality hit me harder than a ton of bricks.

Maybe down the line I would try to find Sabien again and reconnect with her. She was so young when mom gave her away, I have no idea what she looks like at this point.

"Kae! We're going to cut my cake!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Milena who was giving me a worried look as she stood in front of me.