Chapter Eighteen: Bandana

"I'm not gonna lie, she kinda fly
Got the swag and bandana tied, yeah, yeah, yeah
I'm not gonna shade, that's not my wave
It's a shame, I see what you like, yeah, yeah, yeah
But she kinda walk like me, talk like me
Yeah, she kinda look like me, just like me
I'm not gonna lie, she kinda fly

Got the swag and bandana tied, yeah, yeah, yeah."

-Almondmilkhunni (Bandana)

Andrei:

Miami was as amazing as it was destructive. Underneath the glittering lights, perfect tight bodies, and money was a shadow world where there Bravata thrived. It was also the epicenter of where drugs were moved in and out of the state before making its way to be distributed all over. It was the perfect place to hide in plain sight. After all, some of our men had been caught and although there was an unspoken rule for snitches, it would never be a bad idea to be safer than sorry.

We had our lawyers helping the guys out down there in Atlanta, but if they snitched they knew the consequences. But until we could get more information on what happened there, we would be here in Miami taking a break and focusing on our branches out here; it was time we checked up on them anyway.

I already knew how they were doing, I traveled so much doing the job Alexei was responsible for regulating these different branches and making sure they were running efficiently scoping out the weakest links, etc. But he much-fancied being the guy behind the desk calling the shots. It was one of the reasons, at times he could be completely clueless about what was going on with some of the guys.

"This is the new warehouse?" He questioned me as I pulled up to the inconspicuous canned tuna building where secretly drugs and guns were being run through. It was an idea that had run through my head as we needed to have some way to practice our business in daylight without the fear of someone being suspicious. What's more non-suspicious than a tuna factory? A lot of the drugs were stuffed into the cans (no fish included) and processed for shipments while no one had a clue about it. It had been running fairly smoothly for three years, a couple of guys had to be booted due to inefficiency, but there were doing alright overall.

"Yes," I answered after cutting the engine in the SUV.

"Tuna?" Alexei inquired.

"It's been working for three years, if you have any new ideas please feel free to add them to the suggestion box," I said sarcastically before getting out of the car. Alexei was good at criticizing my work, but could never come up with an alternate or a better idea to bring his business up. He needed to get more hands-on with this clan; I was hoping this Miami trip was going to allow for this change to happen.

Alexei followed out behind me slowly as he took in the area.

The tuna company was around a fishing dock area where other business resided, so it was a great location for what we were doing. No one bothered us and we didn't bother them.

"Lincoln's Best Tuna." Alexei chuckled as if he found the name of the fake company amusing.

"Do we actually make tuna?" He questioned me as we walked passed a few of our men, they nodded towards us continuing to stand guard beside the entrances.

"Yes and no," I replied.

"What does that even mean?" He asked.

"It means, we do and we don't. We have the first floor dedicated to making enough of a batch that it doesn't raise suspicion, but everything else is the Bravata." I answered.