Chapter Forty-Seven: Gives You Hell

"I wake up every evening

With a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place
And you're still probably working
At a nine to five pace
I wonder how bad that tastes

When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell

Now where's your picket fence love?
And where's that shiny car?
And did it ever get you far?
You never seemed so tense love
I've never seen you fall so hard
Do you know where you are?

And truth be told I miss you
And truth be told I'm lying."

-The-All American Rejects (Gives You Hell)

Andrei:

"Here is my eldest daughter, Riny." The minute I heard those words come out of Omid Tavana's mouth, I felt as if my entire body had been frozen rock solid. The color had drained from my face when I realized the woman he had introduced us as his daughter was...

Kae.

Beside me Alexei had turned completely mute, I dared not even look over to see the reaction on his face because this wasn't good...this wasn't good at all. We had come here looking for help, but now it looked like help was going to have to be found elsewhere. The news had caught me off guard so much I hadn't even noticed that Omid had said something to me.

"Andrei!" He called out to me.

I quickly snapped out of it, my eyes turning from Kae's over to her very rich, powerful.... revengeful father. "Yes, Omid?" I cleared my throat when I realized it had slightly cracked a bit from the instant dryness that came over it, that was definitely shocking coming over my body.

"A walk, boy." He said to me nudging his head off in the opposite direction of where I was standing.

I nodded, "Sure." I moved very hesitantly, my eyes sweeping over at Kae's again. She gave me an odd look, but then her eyes shifted over to Alexei who had been remained frozen in place. I didn't get to see any more of it because Omid had put his arm around my shoulder, patting me slightly.

We stopped just shy of where any of the action of the gangster ball was happening, "I like you, Andrei." He stated with a look of approval passing his face.

I'm sure you won't like me anymore once you find out what my brother did, I thought to myself.

"You do?" I swallowed hard as I followed the look of curiosity passing his face.

"Yes." He replied He pulled a glass of champagne off a tray that a nearby server was walking with and perched the glass upon his lips taking a light sip. "You see you're a very smart man... I like your expansive use of technology. In my personal opinion, I don't believe it's being put to good use at your...what do you call it again?" He asked me.

"My what?" I questioned him.

"Your clan." He replied.

"Bravata," I said.

"Ah yes... your Bravata..." He said plainly as he took another hefty sip of his champagne staring me down in the process.

I felt as if he could read me the way he was looking right now, almost as if he could see right through me. If anything, I was sure I was sweating bullets. I wiped my hand over my forehead as a precaution just so he couldn't tell that there was something going on with me. Jesus Christ... just our fucking luck! If I could kick Alexei's ass right now, I swear to God I would. I had enough problems stacking up on me at the moment and now this!