o n e

Word Count: 1325 

Erin's POV

It was 10 pm and I was upstairs in my bedroom on my laptop when i heard something downstairs. I was confused because no one was supposed to be home - my mum was working night shift, my dad was out in turkey, my brothers were at their friends house for a sleepover and my sister was out at her friends house and none of them were supposed to be back until at least 11. It was when I heard footsteps coming up the stair that I got scared. The footsteps got closer and closer to my room and i saw the door handle start to move, my door swung open, i closed my eyes and that's when i heard the squeal of the one and only, Ellie Morgan. Ellie had been my best friend 10 years, we met at the park when we ran into each other and instantly connected. I opened my eyes as I realised a sigh i didn't know I was holding, she ran over towards me and embraced me in a hug. "Ellie you scared the living shit out of me!" i say half serious half not, "you could have at least called and told me?" I said chuckling "I did, it's not my fault you never check your phone" she says walking over too my bedside table where my phone is sat "see it is off! you need to talk to people" Ellie said, I knew I had to speak to more people but it just wasn't that for me, i have serious trust issues after many people using me. "you know it isn't that easy el-" i was cut of by Ellie shouting "you have 104 text message you haven't opened!" she shouted sounding quite confused, I looked at her looking more confused then she looked "what do you mean?" i asked "what i just said, you have 104 missed messages, here look" she said shoving my phone in my face and sure enough on the lock screen of my phone it said i had 104 messages.

I opened my phone whilst Ellie is peering over my shoulder, random numbers "it is probably just news reporters" i said tossing my phone aside "Erin, babe i don't think they were news reporters it was a group chat called "just tiktok tings" she stated. So I decided to open them...

xxx-xxxx-xxx added xxx-xxxx-xxx

xxx-xxxx-xxx  "there i added Anthony"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "Payton i hate to break it to you but that isn't Anthony" 

xxx-xxxx-xxx "bro we let you do one thing"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "come on Payton" 

xxx-xxxx-xxx "hey this isn't all my fault, i only added the number Griff gave me"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "hey don't drag me into this"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "can we get back to the random number Payton added"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "um who are you guys?"        

xxx-xxxx-xxx "it speaks..."

xxx-xxxx-xxx "josh don't be rude you will scare it off"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "what he said" 

xxx-xxxx-xxx "guys stop it! hi i am avani"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "avani what are you doing they could be a 60 year old man!" 

xxx-xxxx-xxx "i can assure you i am not a 60 year old man" 

xxx-xxxx-xxx "how do we know you aren't lying"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "tell us. are you male or female?"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "i am a 18 year old girl"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "but how do i know you guys aren't 60 year old men or worse news reporters?"

xxx-xxxx-xxx "first off how are news reporters worse then 60 year old men?"