S.P.E.W.

"What was that about?" Harry and Ron descended upon her once they were out of earshot of anybody.

"I don't know," Ashlyn said distressed. "I'm not even sure what happened,"

"Me neither," Harry said. "It happened way too quickly,"

"It felt cold," Ron provided. "Really cold, for a second and then it was gone,"

"Like a gust of wind," Hermione said softly.

"Ventus," Ashlyn muttered.

"What?" Harry and Ron said confused.

"The spell, Ventus," Ashlyn explained. "But I've never really produced it in that intensity though. And it's never felt cold. . .Maybe it is a variation. . .I should go to the library later,"

"Are you in trouble?" Hermione asked worriedly a few minutes later as they made their way to the Great Hall.

"Sort of. I've got detention this Sunday.  I've got to scrub the kitchens without magic," Ashlyn said.

"That's going to be a lot of work," Ron said giving her a sympathetic look. But Hermione took a different stand.

"Great! You can talk to the house-elves." Hermione said, clasping her hands together.

"Really, Mione," Ashlyn said exasperated.

"But what has got you so worked up?" Harry asked.

"Yes, you have been performing accidental magic since summer," Hermione said dropping her voice to a whisper. "You should really do something about it," 

"Did you go to Dumbledore?" Harry asked.

"I did," Ashlyn told.

"Oh! That's why Snape called you to his office," Hermione said her eyes widening slightly. 

"....Uh, yeah," Ashlyn went along with it.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Harry said indignantly.

"Well..." Ashlyn started.

"You know, it doesn't really matter if you are a bit out of control. We won't judge you," Ron said. "I'm sure there would be others with unstable magic. And we won't ever let them take you away to St Mungo's,"

Harry, Hermione and Ron nodded, all three frowning with worry.

"I know. It's not that," Ashlyn said with a small smile. These adorable dummies.

"Just..." she trailed off.

"You better tell us next time," Harry said.

"Yeah! But why Snape though. Couldn't Dumbledore have asked McGonagall to help you?" Ron complained.

Hermione ate at top speed again. Ashlyn went with the boys to the Gryffindor common room after eating peacefully.

"You should start on your Divination homework," Ashlyn said

"What bout you?" Ron asked.

"I completed it long ago," Ashlyn said as she pulled out a book on curses. "And nope, I'm not going to show you,"

Harry and Ron groaned.

Ashlyn tried explaining how to do the calculations and how to refer the charts, but to the boys, it sounded like Latin and greek, and not a word got registered in their heads. Harry stared at the parchment, with his mouth slightly open. Ron dozed off and Ashlyn had to smack him awake.