Detention with Umbridge

Ashlyn marched towards Umbridge's office at eight o'clock.

"Good evening, Miss Clarke," Umbridge said in her sweet voice, a vicious smile etched on her face.

Oh, two can play that game.

Ashlyn gave her own smile, and said brightly, "Good evening, Professor Umbridge," 

Umbridge's expression faltered slightly.

"I assume you know what you'll be doing," Umbridge said giving her the black quill. Ashlyn wanted to do nothing less than set it on fire it.

"No, I don't," Ashlyn said.

"Why? Are you not receiving any visions?" Umbridge said, mockingly.

"You are supposed to assign me work. But if you insist that I consult my visions, then I shall gladly oblige," Ashlyn said sitting down.

"My visions tell me to do nothing for one hour," Ashlyn said dropping the quill on the desk while looking straight at Umbridge.

After a short pause, Umbridge took her short wand out and pointed it at Ashlyn's chair, which released metal chains that coiled around her confining her to the chair. It was similar to the chair to the Wizengamot Accusation Chair.

Ashlyn was taken aback, but recovered quickly from the initial shock, and gave out a derisive laugh.

"I'm glad you consider me as a threat, professor," The cold chains were biting into her skin, but she ignored it. She'd endure it if it ticks Umbridge off.

"You will be writing lines," Umbridge said ignoring her. "I must obey my teachers,"

"Alright," Ashlyn shrugged and picked up the black quill and began writing.

'I must obey my teachers. I must obey my teachers. I must obey my teachers...'

Scarlet words fell onto the parchment as she wrote with her blood.

She didn't wince, as the message was carved into her skin, scarlet blood shining in the candlelight.

One hour passed...then two...Umbridge had dropped her work and was watching Ashlyn now, as though she found it extremely entertaining.

The wound had gone deep by now, and blood was dripping down her hand. Her hand was very white and she was slowly losing the feeling in her hand. But she kept writing. She couldn't give Umbridge the satisfaction of having tortured her. Her hand was going to scar...at least her handwriting was nice. Couldn't have Umbridge given a better sentence. She could have sported a tattoo...

"That will do," Umbridge said half an hour later.

Ashlyn was glad. Even though she wouldn't ever say it out loud, she was glad it had stopped. Her hand was ghost white and was covered in blood. She had to struggle to stop it from shivering.

Umbridge took her hand, pointed her wand at it, and wiped off the blood and then began examining it.  Blood was still spilling from the wounds. Then she looked up at Ashlyn who looked back at her lazily.

"Hmm...looks like it has not sunk in properly, yet," Umbridge said 

"Hmm...looks like it," Ashlyn said, nodding as she looked at her bleeding hand.

"You can leave for today, Miss Clarke," Umbridge said and the chains binding Ashlyn snaked away.

Ashlyn gave a bright, "Good evening to you too, Professor Umbridge," as she opened the door and left.

Ashlyn held her head high, her expression stoic as she walked through the corridor, her hand wrapped tightly in her black robes which was now shining scarlet.