Malfoy Manor

"Get up, vermin."

Ashlyn was dragged by someone. Before she could do anything, her pockets were searched and her wand was taken...or at least her fake one was.

"Get — off — her!" Ron shouted. There was the unmistakable sound of knuckles hitting flesh: Ron grunted in pain and Hermione screamed, 

"No! Leave him alone, leave him alone!"

"Your boyfriend's going to have worse than that done to him if he's on my list," said the horribly familiar, rasping voice. "Delicious girls . . . What a treat . . . I do enjoy the softness of the skin. . . ."

Fenrir Greyback. Ashlyn glared back with disgust. 

"Ooh, feisty...I'll have you first then,"

"I'd like to see you try," Ashlyn spat.

Greyback laughed. "Yes, yes," running a knarled finger along her cheek. Ashlyn reeled back in revulsion.

"Search the tent!" said another voice.

They could hear footsteps and crashes; the men were pushing over chairs inside the tent as they searched.

"Now, let's see who we've got," said Greyback

"I'll be needing butterbeer to wash this one down. What happened to you, ugly?" he said peering into Harry's face.

Harry did not answer immediately.

"I said," repeated Greyback, and Harry received a blow to the diaphragm that made him double over in pain, "what happened to you?"

"Stung," Harry muttered. "Been stung."

"Yeah, looks like it," said a second voice.

"What's your name?" snarled Greyback.

"Dudley," said Harry.

"And your first name?"

"I — Vernon. Vernon Dudley."

"Check the list, Scabior," said Greyback, and Harry heard him move sideways to look down at Ron, instead. "And what about you, ginger?"

"Stan Shunpike," said Ron.

"Like 'ell you are," said the man called Scabior. "We know Stan Shunpike, 'e's put a bit of work our way."

There was another thud.

"I'b Bardy," said Ron, and Harry could tell that his mouth was full of blood. "Bardy Weadley."

"A Weasley?" rasped Greyback. "So you're related to blood traitors even if you're not a Mudblood..." 

"We'll see if she's a bit quicker at remembering her name than Barny. Who are you, girly?"

"Penelope Clearwater," said Hermione. She sounded terrified but convincing.

"What's your blood status?"

"Half-blood," said Hermione.

"What about you feisty?"

"Easy, Greyback," said Scabior over the jeering of the others.

"Oh, I'm not going to bite just yet. Name girly?"

"Lavender Brown," Ashlyn said. She thanked the dark for helping them keep cover, even if it was for a bit.

"And what's your blood status?"

"Pureblood,"

"Easy enough to check," said Scabior. "But the 'ole lot of 'em look like they could still be 'ogwarts age —"