Beetle catching plan

An owl dropped a stick wrapped in parchment on his plate that morning at breakfast.

Draco picked it up with his nose scrunched. 

"Stupid owl," he grumbled as he unrolled the parchment.

'Your disillusionment charm sucks, stupid dummy.'  was written on it.

Instinctively he glanced at the Gryffindor table. Clarke wasn't there. 

"Stupid mudblood," he grumbled and crumpled the parchment and threw it onto the floor. At least he had got his wand back.

 What he hadn't noticed was that the wand inside his robes had slipped out of them and was now zooming towards the entrance hall.

.........................................................................

"Ashlyn!" Hermione cried, and dragged Ashlyn who was sitting up on her bed making plans for the third task downstairs. The common room was oddly crowded.

"Wha-?"

"We know it, okay. You don't have to hide," Harry said

"Huh?"

"She's back to normal!" Ginny cheered.

"Finally!" Angelina sighed.

"Welcome back Ashlyn," Katie said

"Yeah! Welcome back!"  Fred and George cried.

"What are you guys on about?" Ashlyn asked, escaping from Hermione's tight grasp.

"She's really back!" they exploded.

"Were you cursed?"

"Who did it?"

"Should we handle that git?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Are you alright?"

"Hold up!" Ashlyn said. "I was always okay. I guess. Well, I kinda, sorta might have been out of it for a while, but yeah. Why are you guys so worked up?" 

Ginny was the first one who tackled her, followed by Hermione.

"A little breathing space here, girls," Ashlyn gasped as she got squeezed by the two girls.

Soon Harry and Ron joined.

"Group hug!" the twins cheered. 

It looked like a huge human ball was standing in the middle of the room. Ashlyn slowly slipped off from the group hug and finally could breathe properly. The others were still hugging.

The first one to realize that Ashlyn was gone was Hermione, who slipped out, with Harry who pulled Ron.

The four of them looked at each other, then tiptoed across the room and climbed out of the portrait hole.

"Why are we still doing this?" Angelina asked.

"Ashlyn and the others are gone, you know," Ginny pointed out.

"This is fun," George said

"And they'll never know what hit them," Fred said with a sly grin matching the one on George's face.

"Ashlyn, you were there weren't you?" Hermione asked as they walked around the sloping lawns.