i hope - Daniel Ricciardo

a/n: ok i am working on the part 2s that some of you have asked for! thank you so much by the way really made my day :) but i have been thinking about this idea for like 3 days so had to write it.

word count: 878

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had read the article yourself but you couldn't believe it. Your social media had been filled with it and all the air had left your lungs while you read, tears streaming down your face. You just couldn't believe that Daniel would do something like that to you. The pictures of him and a beautiful blonde girl were everywhere you looked and the photo of them kissing sealed it for you. He really thought you were stupid enough to not check social media and not piece together that he was cheating on you?

Rage bubbled in your chest while you attempted to hold the tears in. He would be back in three days from his race, absolutely plenty of time for you to move out of your shared flat and into your old one. Good thing you had kept it you thought to yourself bitterly.

Once you had packed everything and moved out you posted the key back through the letterbox and blocked Daniel on everything. He didn't even know that you knew, he had been engaged with the media all day and you couldn't bring yourself to reply to his "morning beautiful" text because part of you imagined it was for the girl in the photos. You turned for the last time and walked out of your building, determined to not let him know how much he had hurt you. You'd really thought he was the one for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had been dragged out to a club. You hated it but your friends hadn't seen you in the two months it had been since you had left Daniel and they wanted to try and cheer you up. You shook your head and took another shot of tequila, you just had to get through this evening and then it would be fine. You could go back and hide under the duvet in your room and not answer the door.

You hadn't seen or heard from Daniel in the two months and you definitely were not interested in keeping up to date with how his career was going despite your friends telling you, two podiums or not. That's what you needed though and you were surprised at how much you had thrown yourself into trying to forget him and the anger that coursed through you at even the mention of him. Which was difficult when you had so many mutual friends, a 3 year relationship does that. Luckily his f1 friends hadn't tried to contact you regardless of how close you had become to some of them in all the races you had been to.

You made your way back on to the dancefloor and attempted to enjoy yourself. Eventually, the tequila had hit your bloodstream and you were laughing for the first time in a while just dancing with your friends. Someone bumped into you and you spun round. The laugh fell off your face and you could feel your cheeks burn with anger as you looked up at the two people that had been too busy dancing to notice they had walked into you. Daniel. Of course it had to be him.

Before he could properly register what had happened you pushed past the two of them and tried to make your way outside. You felt a hand grab your arm and turn you around slowly as you felt the cold air brush against your cheeks. Daniel stood there with you on the balcony as the lights of the city illuminated his face.

"can we talk?" he said sheepishly. You scoffed at his audacity.

"no, I don't think that's a good idea" you replied and pulled your wrist out of his warm grip.

"please, let me explain" he pleaded

"no daniel, I hope she makes you smile, I hope you know she's the one by the end of the night, tell your friends you're so happy" your heart panged with sadness when you made eye contact with him and could see the hurt in his eyes but you continued anyway. "I hope she comes along and wrecks every one of your plans, I hope she's wilder than your wildest dreams, she's everything you need." You took a deep breath and steeled yourself "and then I hope she cheats."

The look on Daniel's face was all you needed to know that you had made him feel the way he had made you feel two months ago. His arm hung by his side and his face radiated regret and sadness, but that's what you wanted isn't it? To hurt him the way he had hurt you, to make him understand just how ridiculous he had been to cheat on you rather than just being honest. Despite all the thoughts running through your head, Daniel had still not replied but was just staring at you. You deliberated whether to go in for the kill or not.

"like you did on me" you continued and before he could reply you left. Just like you had done two months ago. You didn't want to give him the satisfaction of convincing you to talk to him. This time however, you left him standing on the balcony of the club to do nothing but watch you walk down the steps and into the night.