32. George Russell

A/N: This is for LandoNorris

So sorry it has taken me so long! Thank you for reminding me! ;)

Hope it's ok

Word count:612

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- "you're a princess" "i'm a queen wtf"-

You had been in the Williams garage all day. Qualifying had gone well for George and you were so happy for your friend. It was finally what he deserved, it was still crazy for you that he had managed to get the car into q2. You knew it wouldn't be long until he made it into a car that he could make easily into q3 and potentially into podium positions.

You thought everyone knew you fancied George. You hardly tried to hide it and you were at every race of his. You had even managed to plan your year around your studies so that you had the chance to follow George around the world and not miss anything. Who does that for just a friend?

Williams had been so welcoming to you and allowed you to see the inner workings of the team which was beyond impressive for you, and you of course had the best tour guide to show you around the factory. Nicholas, obviously.

George had returned to the garage but you knew he would have to have a debrief first before he could come and talk to you. You didn't really mind, you found it interesting to watch the team prepare the car for race day and sometimes the mechanics would check in with you and see if you wanted the process to be explained. It always got far too complicated but you managed to play it off until you could ask George the relevant questions when you were back in the safety of the hotel room.

George climbed out of the car and smiled at you while waving before putting his helmet on the table next to you and heading off to the meeting room. You smiled back at him, not expecting to receive many words from him as he always had to be in the meeting room quickly to discuss the day before everyone went home to prepare for the Sunday. It still made you pout slightly, you missed him when he was in the car and the fact that you weren't his first priority hurt your feelings. This made you feel like a bitch because you knew how much racing meant to him and talking to the team after a good qualifying was so important.

You had gotten lost in your thoughts so much that you didn't even notice George coming back. He laughed as he sat in front of you and snapped you out of your zone out.

"Alright there princess?" George smiled, knowing how much it annoyed you that he called you a princess.

"I'm a queen what the fuck George?" You said as you stood up and walked out of the garage. You knew it would worry him if he thought you were annoyed and pretending you were annoyed was your favourite past time.

"Hey- where do you think you're going?" George gently grabbed your wrist and pulled you down the side of the motor homes. He pressed you against one wall and leaned in. "Don't you think I know you're only pretending now? I figured it out months ago"

You were breathless and desperate to play it off casually. You knew he would be able to hear your heart beating against your chest. You laughed "is that right?" realistically was all you would manage to speak.

He only nodded in reply.

"Well in that case" you said, having composed yourself slightly, "next time you'll know" and with that, as much as you wanted to stay, you pushed away from him and walked out into the paddock sunshine. Leaving George behind you to try and work out how he had lost that one.