like that - Mick Schumacher

Word count: 752

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had been friends with Mick for his entire career. You have had a crush on Mick for the past 5 years. It was getting a bit ridiculous now, it seemed as though it would never progress into anything more.

All your life you had thought love was a lie but then you met Mick and that had changed everything. He had done everything right and he had made you fall for him more and more as the years went on. You sighed at the thought, there was no way that he'd ever like you the same way and especially not now he was in F1, there was too much at stack and you didn't want to cause any unnecessary drama for him.

You were broken out of your thoughts by Mick kissing you on the cheek in greeting. You could feel the blush creep across your cheeks, matching the back of the Haas garage but he did it every time and to everyone so you should expect it by now. You smiled widely at Mick as he just waved briefly before being ushered into the car.

You spent the Saturday watching from the back of the Haas garage and cheering Mick on. He had made it to Q2 and ended up p11, so the team were happy. You knew Mick wouldn't be too pleased, but you were sure someone would be able to cheer him up.

You watched Mick get out of the car and head towards his driver's room. You couldn't read the expression on his face, so you decided to wait for him to finish his media duties and come and collect you once he was ready to head back to the hotel.

It had been about an hour, you knew his media duties were finished because his press officer had come back and greeted you about 40 minutes ago, so you'd have expected Mick to be ready to leave now. You decided to get up and go and find him. You apprehensively knocked on his driver's room door, worried that he may have left already and forgotten about you. When you didn't hear a response, you pushed open the door gently and came face to face with Mick sat on the sofa with his head in his hands. He didn't even look up at you when you came in and closed the door behind you. He didn't look at you whilst you crossed the room to him, and he didn't look at you once you took a seat next to him.

He finally looked at you when you placed an arm around his waist and gave him a squeeze. You didn't even think qualifying had gone that badly, p11 was amazing for the Haas and the rest of the team seemed very happy with the result. You gave Mick as a puzzled look as he gave you a look you couldn't decipher.

Before you could open your mouth, you had been pulled onto to Mick's lap, so you were facing him. The blush immediately flared, and you knew your cheeks would be bright red, but you were beyond confused about what was going on.

"I couldn't even concentrate all qualifying because all I could think about was you" Mick said suddenly and your eyes met his in surprise. You didn't get a chance to respond because Mick had pulled your face down to his and crashed his lips against yours. You had wanted an answer to your question and now you think you had one.

Once he had pulled away, he rested his forehead against yours and you shuffled slightly once you remembered that you were now sat on Mick's lap with no more answers than you had at the beginning of the day, if anything you were more confused. Mick instinctively wrapped his arms around your waist to stop you from moving and your cheeks flushed again as he touched you. You'd have to stop blushing you cursed yourself.

You looked at Mick, you still hadn't had a chance to say anything to him yet but just looking at him made your mind go blank again.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Mick asked softly and your eyes met again. You smiled widely and nodded at him before he pulled you close and pressed his lips against yours.

"I can't believe I thought you didn't like me" you said when he pulled away, causing him to laugh and pull you into his chest as he shook his head.