Maybe - Max Verstappen

A/N: Enjoyyyy. Maybe by Jake Scott :)

Word count: 668

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max watched you dance around his apartment and his heart swelled as he smiled widely looking at you

Max watched you dance around his apartment and his heart swelled as he smiled widely looking at you. The feelings in his chest refused to go away yet you were strictly just friends. He didn't want to rock the boat and upset the friendship you'd built up over the past two years after he had bumped into you in Monaco. You were only there for a holiday but somehow you had ended up staying indefinitely and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"How about we start a Instagram live?" Max said, startling you away from dancing and his face fell when he realised you weren't laughing as you did it anymore. You smiled at him and the butterflies in his stomach soared. He wouldn't call it love, just yet, but he couldn't deny it had never been platonic between the two of you, there had always been something there.

"Sure!" you replied enthusiastically, and Max blushed slightly when he thought he must have been staring at you for a bit too long while he was caught up in his own head. He would never say anything to you about how he felt, he didn't want to lose you and ultimately, he thought maybe this was as good as its going to get because you weren't ready for a relationship together.

He pulled out his phone and started his Instagram live. "hey guys, just thought I'd do a bit of a catch up during the break, missing the car more everyday" he laughed, and you chuckled slightly next to him. "I'm here with my friend, who you know very well" he smiled as you did a twirl for the camera.

All of sudden the comments were filled with questions asking if the two of you are together and how long it had been. You blushed and Max felt uneasy about answering it, he didn't want to pretend anymore but he didn't know how you felt but he knew you two couldn't stay like this in the eternal middle zone where you aren't together but also neither of you had been interested in anyone for the two years you'd been friends.

"guys, guys, calm down" Max laughed, he shot you a look and you replied with a reassuring smile which made him even more determined not to change anything that might mean he lost you, even if you were both ignoring the important conversation because he didn't want this to stop. "we are just friends"

"two years and counting!" you added, and Max was happy you had gotten over the original shock of people asking and spoken to his fans. He continued to talk to the fans for about half an hour with you occasionally joining in when you could, but Max couldn't get you off his mind and he needed to know whether you felt the same.

"Alright guys, we've got to go now, see you in Barcelona!" and with that Max ended the live and turned towards you.

"well that was-" you hesitated, unsure of how to finish the sentence and Max was overcome with a wave of confidence and he wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you against his chest leaning down and pressing his lips against yours gently.

You both pulled away, he had rocked the boat and he wasn't sure if he had just ruined the good thing you had going. "i-sorry" Max said sheepishly but you just smiled at him.

"I didn't realise you felt the same way" you said, still pressed against his chest where you could both feel each other's heartbeats pounding. You looked away once you had said that and Max tilted your chin, so you were looking at him again.

"I knew we couldn't leave it the way it was" he smiled and pressed his lips against yours again.

"I guess we will have to change our answers next time?" you asked, and he laughed and held you against him tighter, where you were meant to be.