17. Lando Norris

A/N: This is for the lovely @wonderrlou promise I will write about other drivers not just Lando and Charles :D

I am procrastinating uni work pls send help.

Hope you enjoy it

Word Count:906

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- would you just shut up and listen to me for two goddamn seconds?! -

You were just sitting at your desk trying to get through some college work but absolutely none of it was going in. Your housemates and their friends were driving you completely crazy in the front room just being far too loud and not realising how important this work was for you.

You walked into the kitchen and sighed. You were completely stuck about what to do. You zoned out briefly but you looked up and smiled when your friend Lando walked in to check on you. You had liked him for the longest time and when you weren't worried about school work you were worried about how or if to confess your feelings for him. He was a busuy F1 driver so he wasn't around that often and you were honestly terrified that he would find someone at one of his races and forget about you while you were stuck here doing school work and not being able to be the supportive friend you wanted to be.

You hadn't even realised that you had zoned out again until you were brought back into focus by chocolate brown eyes and a hand waving frantically in your face.

"Thought I'd lost you for a second there bud" Lando laughed and you smiled at the nickname he used for you. Weirdly he was the only one ever that called you it and so you were oddly attached to it. It only made you like him more and miss him when he was away.

You sighed again, and smiled at him "sorry Lando, just absolutely drowning in school work I dont even know where to begin"

"That's ok, how about coming to the race this weekend to cheer you up?" he raised his eyebrows at you and smiled, a race invitation was almost always destined to make you feel better and he knew it, not only that but he loved having you there, almsot like you were a good luck charm. This time he got a slightly different reaction however, you huffed and rolled your eyes at him, getting down from the table and stormed off upstairs leaving him only to follow you wearily.

"do I look like I have time to come to one of your races Lando?" you asked upset already but you knew it was at work and not him and you felt a pang of guilt that you were taking it out on him but you continued regardless "I have so much work and you're asking if I can go to a race?? That's four days of not doing any work and that is far too much time. These last 5 minutes have been too much time off work" You ran your fingers through your hair before continuing "I have a presentation and two essays due in as well as trying to think about what I want to do after I'm finished I can't even believe that you would consider asking me to go to a race? what are you thinking ?" You paced the room and Lando just watched you, not believing that such a simple question would get you to react this way

"would you just shut up and listen to me for two goddamn seconds?!" he practically shouted at you and you turned to him shocked but speechless for once in the last, what felt like half an hour. "I was asking if you wanted to come to a race because I really like having you there bud, well I guess I should stop calling you that now because well bud-" he laughed, not even able to stop himself from calling you your nickname for something this important. You softened slightly at him. You could tell he was flustered and you were wondering why when he started walking closer to you.

You instinctively walked backwards until you hit the wall and looked up at him. He kept walking towards you until his chest was pressed against yours. He brushed some of your hair out of your face and ran his hand down your cheek. You shivered at his touch and you were desperate for him to finish his sentence.

"I really like you" he finally said "I know school is important and you won't want a boyfriend especially one that travels all the time but you're all I can think about and I just wanted you to know" he shuffled himself slightly, you hadn't reacted to what he had said and he felt like he had made a mistake and was trying to cover it up "I thought being a race would cheer you up and I would love for you to be there all the time  but I can undestand if you don't feel the same way. Shit. This was so stupid I'm sorry bud, we'll go back to how it was. He took a step back from you and your heart melted and you laughed at him.

"I really like you too, pal" you added as an after thought going along with the idea that you were still just friends. You reached up and put your hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down so that your lips touched and you finally kissed. In that moment all your worries disappeared and you knew that this is where you were meant to be.