FORTY-SIX

Rose's POV

I looked at the note Sue had given me. It's after class, and instead of going straight home, I will go and drop by the bar where JK works part-time.

Sue told me she pestered Prez Ram yesterday to send her to JK's street. "I was actually intending not to get out of his car until he show me the street. Thankfully, he gave in at the end."

I laughed hard as I try to imagine how Sue, a very righteous person, had managed to stay in some guy's car--- to know that it's the student council president just adds to the hilarity of the situation. Elise on the other hand told Sue straightforward that she is cringing at Sue's idea. Well, pestering a guy is not Sue Laurel's style.

But thanks to her, I would know where JK is living.

I was walking right outside school when Van's car stopped by, I went to him and looked through the rolled down window. "Hello, Van!"

"Going home?" he asked.

"No, I'll drop by somewhere."

"Where?"

"Do you know where Garrett Street is?"

"Yeah, it's twenty minutes from here."

I nodded.

"Hop in, it's on the way." He opened the door.

"Thank you, Van," I said as I get inside.

"What are you doing there?"

"Prez Ram told Sue that it's the street where JK lives. He didn't tell the details but, it's a great help."

"Why?"

"I want to talk to him. Or at least... I wanted to know where he lives. I'm really worried about Auntie," I looked down. "I have been one of the reasons why they both had this misunderstanding... I feel like I should do something so his mom could rest assured that he's fine."

I heard Van sighed. "So what are you planning, search the whole street?"

"If it's the only way," I answered. "I wanted to talk to him about Auntie but he doesn't talk to me in school."

Van did not respond. He started the car and drove off. I was putting on the seatbelt when Van handed me a piece of paper.

I opened this.

"'The Cradle'?" I read, and looked at him.

"Yesterday after the shoot, Jen and I went with our friends to that bar. JK Alison is working there," he said without looking at me.

I stared at the scribbled note again. "It's his workplace?"

"I asked the bartender and he told me Alison's been working there part-time." Van glanced at me, "So if you want to talk to him, you can go there, instead of searching a whole street. It's safer."

"Thank you Van!" I said, smiling at him.

"It's okay. I don't want to see you sad and worried," he glanced again.

After a few minutes, the car stopped in front of a building with a neon signage that reads 'The Cradle'.

"It's safe inside, and I know the bartender. If something wrong happens, just tell him you know me."

"Okay, thank you, Van. Take care," I got out of the car. But before I could turn my back, he called me. "Hmn?"

"Don't let it get to you, Rose Anne. You never did anything wrong, so  take care of yourself." He smiled. "Call me if you need me."