EIGHT

***Van's POV

I stared at the new footprints along the cemented pathwalk in front of the school. My footprints.

"Can't believe it still."

I looked back and saw Jennie walking towards me. She is not in her uniform, but in a Chanel overalls.

"Got a shoot?" I asked when she stood beside me.

"Yep. My classmates sure are eyeing me with contempt," she laughed, "I get another excuse from the activities and they are all struggling with them."

"Psh. Why does everything we do got an issue with them?"

I saw Jennie look at me. Then she tapped me on the left shoulder. "I've heard the rumors. Is it true?"

I glanced at her, she is staring at her footprints. "Rumors?"

"Tuh. You didn't enter the school through the front gate, did you?" She said laughing. "All students are talking about you and that Rose Ann girl from the music department."

"Ah. I see. That might be why people are giving me the look as I pass by them..."

I hope Rose doesn't have a hard time.

"So, you really are dating?"

I wheeled around to look at her, "What? Dating?"

"That's the rumor. You are dating." She smiled and turned to walk away. "I always have wondered why you never developed any feelings for me all those times we're together in Paris. Now I know why."

I watched her walk away. "It's because you will never be into me, Jennie," I said.

She just waved her hand.

I sighed. Then, I walked to the Music Department Building. I need to talk to Rose. I'm worried that she might be having some trouble with these rumors.

As I walk along the hallway to Rose's room, I noticed that people are staring very openly. Like they don't really care about me seeing them whisper behind their hands. If it is like this with me, then what more with Rose?

With that thought, I quickened my strides. I hope she's okay. I don't know what I will do with these people if I see her having trouble...

"Oooh. It's Van."

I looked at the room three doors from Rose's. There's JK Alison and his friend whom I don't know the name. I gave them a little nod and passed by.

I haven't taken three steps when I heard the guy speak.

"I really thought Rose Anne Leighton likes you, JK."

"Who cares about that loser."

I stopped and looked back. I could feel blood gushing to my head.

I noticed the whispering have gotten louder. I turned to face Alison and his friend.

"What did you say?" I said, looking particularly at JK Alison.

"I'm Jim by the way," his friend offered his hand but I did not avert my eyes from Alison. "Okay. Pleased to meet me-- I mean, you."

"Tsh." Alison was about to go inside their room but I held him by the left shoulder.

The bystanders gasped audibly.

"What did you just say?"

This time people are speaking their concerns. I could see some taking videos. But I don't care. I need to teach this idiot a lesson.