FIFTY-SEVEN

Rose's POV

"Make sure you put it somewhere you can't see if you don't want to throw it away."

I sighed as I recall Jennie's reminder about the snow globe. She told me to stop looking at it. It's quite difficult, because it's JK's first gift.

Ah, right, we agreed to stop calling JK 'Toot' after that incident in the beach. I remembered the headache I had trying to reason out to Mom and Auntie why I called JK 'Toot'.

"Rose! You ready?" Mom called from outside my room.

I placed the snow globe in a box and put it inside the last drawer of my cabinet. Then, taking my bag, I went out.

It's the day of the the mock college admission test and Mom is sending me to school.

"You can do it honey, don't be nervous okay?"

"Yes, Mom. I spent several study halls for this," I said and put on my seatbelt.

It was a quick trip. Even if it's a mock exam, the tension and pressure is felt in the atmosphere. Mock exams may determine how prepared you are for the actual admission test, so you really have to do well. After a quick hug from Mom, I ran to my room assignment. It's still early, but it's better to arrive earlier than on time. At least I can relax my mind a bit by listening to some music.

My seat is at the farthest, near the window. All the senior students were randomly assigned per room, so I'm not with Elise, Sue or Jennie. Though Jennie and Sue are in the same room and Elise is also alone in another.

I can say the study halls caused me good, because at the end of the exam, I felt confident that I'll pass. Although Sue told us not to be rest assured until we get the results.

"Where shall we eat dinner?" I asked Sue, Jennie, and Elise when we are walking out to the gate.

"I want sushi," Elise said holding Jennie's arm.

"Okay, my treat," Jennie said, making Elise whoop excitedly.

"Wait, who's that?" Sue muttered, pointing outside the gate.

A tall, very good-looking guy in Northbridge Academy uniform is standing, back resting on a red sportscar.

Elise looked and her face glowed. "That's Jayson!"

Sue's jaw dropped. "Really?!"

Jennie nudged me on the elbow, "My gosh Rose! Van would be threatened."

I looked at Jayson uncertainly and smiled.

Elise pulled me to walk quickly. She and Jayson fist-bumped when we approached him.

"What brings you here?" Elise asked.

Jayson glanced at me, "Well, since it's the CAT mock exam, I thought everyone is free and took a chance to make up for last Saturday."

Sue nudged me on my side as Jennie nodded in approval.

"Going to dinner?" Jayson said with a smile. He looks really kind, and up close, one can really say he's a neat person.

"Yep. Do you know somewhere with incredible sushi?" Elise said. She pushed me slightly forward. "Rose wanted sushi."

I pointed at myself, "Me? I thought you--" but Elise covered my mouth.

Jayson hadn't noticed, "I know a good sushi house." He opened the passenger side door and nodded at me.

Elise pushed me and I had no choice but get inside. "Let's go!" she shouted and went to sit at the back with Jennie and Sue.