FOUR

***Rose's POV

I don't want to join a loser club led by a loser club president.

Can he get any grumpier? I didn't expect JK is like that.

I mean, I have never talked to him before, and I always wanted to---but seeing his attitude today? Wow. I can't believe he can be rude.

Like he never really cared if his words might hurt me.

Is it because of the letter? So he's really, really annoyed with me? Just because of that love letter?

I stopped my internal monologue when I arrived at my house. Why are my luggages outside?

"Mom?" I asked as I get inside.

My mother went out of the kitchen, wearing her work clothes, with a glass of juice on one hand.

"Rosie! I'm relieved you're home early! You will go  to your Aunt Annaly tonight."

"What? I thought I will tomorrow?"

"Sorry, sweetie," Mom caressed my cheeks, "my boss needed to go to Paris as early as possible. So we'll be flying tomorrow morning, and I can't go to Annaly. That's why we decided that it is best if you go there tonight."

Well. That is understandable.

"Okay."

We went to put my bags in the car, and seconds later, we're out on the road heading to my godmother's house.

I am glancing at mom as she drives. She looks happy nowadays. Actually, even though Mom's new work makes us apart most of the time, I am glad that she gets to work. Since Dad died four years ago, I haven't seen her this lively. She even wears make up every day.

We passed by Pizza Hut. I looked at Mom, but before I can ask, she shook her head.

"Annaly said we will have dinner at her house, so we won't stop for your hawaiian pizza."

I sighed as I look out the car. Good bye, my pizza. See you when I see you.

"Mom, when will you come home again?"

Mom didn't speak for at least a few seconds. Then she glanced at me, "I still don't know, sweetie. But two to three weeks if everything goes smoothly."

"If not?"

"A month."

I groaned. That would be the longest time I wouldn't see mom.

"You're college soon, so think of it as a training of being far from me."

"Okay."

We entered Grand Estates, a subdivision where houses are all grand and give off a vibe of wealth and power. This is the wealthiest neighborhood in town, home for top tier individuals. No wonder my aunt Annaly lives here after all her hardwork abroad.

Just as I was enjoying the view of the houses, our car stopped in front of a tall gate.

"We're here," Mom said, pressing her car horn.

The gate opened automatically, and mom drove in.

I got out and looked around the wide residential area. It was a two-story house, with right and left wings, and a beautiful pool. The view is simply marvelous!

 The view is simply marvelous!