TWENTY-EIGHT

Rose's POV

It's almost 7:00pm. This day will end and we're going less a day before the performance. I know the pressure is starting to hit us off, and as we all sit in circle to rest before going home, I can feel the uneasy atmosphere.

"Prez, where shall we have the celebration?" Jennie asked me. She's sitting next to Van who is right beside me.

"I haven't thought of it yet," I answered with honesty.

"Jennie's knows a good place," Van said, and Jennie laughed.

"Really? Can you help me with the arrangements of the celebration?"

"Sure." Jennie smiled at me.

The younger members started to ask Jennie about the place. I looked down and clutched the bag containing the cookies. Shall I give these to them?

But what if they don't like the taste?

I looked up and caught JK's eyes. He is right opposite me, sitting quietly while listening to the conversation of his seatmates. I gave him a small smile, but then before I could look away, he nodded. I frowned. He pointed at the bag I'm holding, then nodded again.

Is he urging me to give these?

"Prez, what's that?" Eunice asked suddenly and all eyes turned to me.

"Uhm, I... I baked these..." I hesitantly put the bag in the middle.

"Cookies!"
"Wow, you did these?"
"Great, I'm really hungry!"

"They're not much, and I don't know if they taste---"

"Mmm! It's good!" Van said, munching the cookies he got.

"I didn't know you can bake," Eunice said.

"JK, why aren't you eating?" Jennie asked.

"I already had some."

Jennie looked at me. But then she just smiled. I felt my cheeks burn. Why did he say that? What if our members asked why he already had eaten his share?

I tried avoiding JK's eyes so I looked at my seatmate. Van is at his second cookie. He gave me a thumbs up. "Nicely done."

"Thank you," I smiled at him. I was about to ask him for his detailed comment on the cookies when the door burst open and Jim and Elise entered, both looking murderously at each other. Sue squeezed in between them and waved at me.

Ah right! I am going to accompany them in shopping!

"Are those cookies?!" Jim said as he slumped on a chair behind JK. "Give me some of yours--"

JK tapped his hand and shook his head, "Already ate mine."

Jim pouted then looked at me. "Hi, Rose Anne!"

Elise bumped onto Jim intentionally as she went to me, then she pulled me by the right arm. "Let's go."

"Where are you going?" Van asked.

"Hey, Elise, you should go with me!" Jim said, standing quickly and pulling Elise's bag. She jerked his hand away. "But we're on the same---"

"Elise is going with us," Sue told Jim, holding Elise with her left hand and holding mine with her right. "Let's go--" she pulled me and I stood.

"I'm going with you too," Van said, standing up at the same time.

JK stood. "I'll go with you Jim." He looked at me.