TWELVE

"Mommy!"

I shouted as the oil splattered from the pan.

I am frying eggs.

Yes. I tried to cook the pork bone stew but sadly, I lost all the enthusiasm and I felt like I want to eat seafood. But since I don't have seafood, I resorted to eggs. Atleast eggs have shell too.

"Be good to me, dear eggie!" I said as I try to flip the egg, the pan at arm's length, and I'm holding the tip of the spatula.

I flinched as the oil splatter again, but as I try to reach for the pan's handle, I heard something from the living room. I stopped and looked over my shoulder to the sala. Is Aunt Annaly here?

I was about to step towards the door when the pan caught fire.

"Oh my gosh!" I shouted as I almost stumble backwards, I took the pitcher of water on the table and was about to splash it all on the pan when a hand gripped my left arm.

"Don't, or the fire will get bigger."

I stared at JK who took a rug from the cabinet and soaked it in water before putting it over the burning pan. Then he turned off the stove. The pan smoked, but the fire was already put out.

I bit my lower lip and gripped the spatula tightly. He looked at me with a little frown on his forehead. "Sorry," I murmured, staring on the floor.

"Were you hurt?"

I looked at him so fast I felt my neck crack. "Huh?"

"What were you doing, letting the stove burn like that?"

Is he angry? Well, I almost burn the kitchen. If it was my mom, I might have been told off.

"I was just..." I stared down on the floor again. I don't know how to explain myself.

I felt him walk to the kitchen sink, then I heard the water splash. He's rinsing the burnt pan.

My stomach gave a loud rumble. I'm so hungry. But I can't even face JK. I'm so ashamed of myself...

"So you did grocery shopping?"

I looked at him again. How did he...know?

JK is checking the fridge. He might have seen the pork neck.

"Yes. I was planning to cook for dinner but... uhm, I felt like I should not bother." I put the spatula on the sink. "Besides, I'm the only one to eat so cooking much food would be a waste."

I saw JK took out the tupperware containing the pork. "Why? Aren't you going to give me some?"

I stood there gaping at JK. Like, oh my gosh. I can't believe that we're having this casual conversation, as if we're so close...

He gave me a glance then proceeded to putting the casserole on the stove. He started preparing.

"You're going to cook?" I asked in surprise, approaching him. I stood beside him, watching him chop the potatoes. I can hear the pork boiling on the pot beside us.

He nodded. "I haven't eaten yet."

"Really? But Elise said..." I stopped talking. JK frowned at me again.

"I thought you were going with your boyfriend?" He turned away to put the vegetables into the pot.

"Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend!" Just where did he get that idea?!?!

He smirked, "Really? The whole school is talking about your relationship with that Richardson."

(;ŏ﹏ŏ) So JK knows about the rumors too!