THIRTY-TWO

Rose's POV

About fifteen minutes ago, I was telling Jennie, Elise, and Sue about what if I accidentally slap the 'ghost' who will frighten me. They just laughed at me, and Elise said that I should relax because those are just students who wear stupid costumes to scare us.

Now, here we are---whispering with each other---huddled close in front of the INFIRMARY.

The clinic door opened and JK went out. We hurriedly went to him.

"How's Jim?" I asked.

"The doctor is putting compression wrap in his right elbow." JK looked at me. "How about you, are you okay?"

I nodded, then looked at Elise. She seemed close to tears.

"It's okay, Liz," Sue muttered to her, putting an arm around her shoulders. "It's not entirely your fault."

I silently agree with Sue. It was not entirely her fault, because Jim, on the other side of the story, had a fault too.

What happened? Well, we were not far from the entrance of the horror house when Jim had sneaked behind me and Elise. And then you can guess what happened next. We did not really expect that "something" would appear yet since we're still near the entrance---which made us really shocked when a hand grabbed our shoulders. And Elise's left fist came flying, and bam. Jim fell down and hurt his elbow.

"How long would his injury last?" Jennie asked JK.

"Maybe two to three weeks." The door opened and Jim went out, looking so down. Elise, Jennie, and Sue went to him but JK held me off by the left wrist.

I looked down at his hand and he immediately removed it, "Uhm... Why?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked.

"Yeah." I stumbled down too but I wasn't hurt. JK was there and he saw me, maybe that's why he's asking.

He nodded, then looked at Jim. We approached him.

"---I got worse injuries than this in the past and I still managed to dance," Jim was saying to Elise.

Oh, no. Jim will perform with an injured elbow...

Elise sighed, "I'm really sorry---"

"I told you, it's okay. But if you really are sorry, you can have dinner with me later."

"Ohhh," we exclaimed and Elise just rolled her eyes.

Jim laughed, "I was joking. Hey bro, let's go?"

JK nodded, and they walked. We followed them.

"I can't imagine how he'd dance in that state," Jennie said. "I remembered when I was in Paris, I sprained my ankle once, and I had a shoot. I only have to stand and pose and walk a bit but the pain is almost unbearable."

Elise sighed, "And it's his right arm. We have this routine that he will use his right arm forcefully."

"Don't worry, Jim would handle it fine," I assured her.

But Elise, knowing that it is her who caused Jim's misfortune, can't be at ease. She walked to Jim again. We followed her.

"Hey," JK looked back at me, then he slowed down one pace to catch up with my stride.

'I'm really okay," I said immediately.

"I'll say you have to go home early," he said. "Mom told me---"

"JK!"

We all looked at Soyeon Lee who came running towards us. When she caught with us, she walked beside JK with right hand on his left arm.