Chapter 86: The Dark Knight

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

The Human Village is now facing in a complete chaos. A huge group of inmate escapees are now armed with heavily lethal weapons and endangering the innocents. The police were able to safely evacuate most of the civilians but yet the effort wasn't much enough.

Back at the police precinct, armed inmates have entered the building and started firing their guns at the cops. While the police officers tried to hold off the inmates, Gordon ran up to the rooftop to call for back up.

GORDON: (*grunt) Dammit!

(thug): Give it up, Gordon! We're coming for you!

Gordon turned on the Bat-signal as the logo shined its symbol on the sky. 3 armed thugs got up on rooftop and cornered Gordon.

(thug 1): You got no where left to run, Commissioner.

(thug 2): (*chuckle) Look at him. Thinking that Batman will come and save him.

GORDON: Do what the hell you want to do! It'll be your last mistake.

(thug 3): Why bother? I heard the police turned against the Bat anyway.

GORDON: Just try me, you punks.

Gordon raised his pistol towards the inmates.

When the thugs are about to fire their guns, a Batarang hit their hands making them drop their weapons.

The next thing the inmates saw was Batman standing on top of the Bat signal alongside with Gordon.

(thug 1): Holy crap! IT'S BATMAN!

Batman jumped at one of the inmates and attacked him. Robin performed a glide kick at one of the thugs as well. Both Batman and Robin were able to defeat the thugs easily.

GORDON: You missed the spot.

Batman kicked off the inmate on the ground knocking him out.

ROBIN: Shouldn't you be resting by now?

GORDON: Not until we fixed up this whole mess. It's good to see you back up on your feet.

BATMAN: We have to stop the Joker before things gets worst.

GORDON: If it was only that easy. All of the inmates have overrun the place. The worst part is that they're trying to break in into this precinct. I'm losing my men here, Batman.

BATMAN: Then we better take your precinct back and save your men first. You sure you're up for this?

GORDON: I have to.

BATMAN: Then follow my lead.

Gordon grabbed a shotgun from an unconscious thug and heads down back inside the precinct with Batman and Robin.

Downstairs at the precinct, the police were being outnumbered by the rampaging inmates taking over until Batman and Robin got in the action and was able  to take down half of the intruders.

Batman and Robin performed duel takedowns together to knock out the inmates much faster. Gordon used a shotgun at the armed inmates who tried attack him.

Once all of the inmates have been neutralized inside the precinct, the injured cops were immediately treated in their emergency room.

ROBIN: We have to get out there and help the other police officers.

Batman nodded.

BATMAN: Gordon, I need you and the rest of you officers to hold their positions in the precinct and stop any inmate from getting in.

GORDON: Be careful out there, Batman.

Outside at the human village, all of the inmates are causing huge riots such as throwing explosives inside the building are firing their guns on the air. There were still civilians running on the streets for their lives in panic.

Bullock and his police officers were outnumbered to stop all of the inmates. The police officers were ambushed by a group of armed inmates and was about to execute them.

Batman and Robin were able to stop the execution and started beating up the inmates. Once the police officers were set free, they have a fighting chance to work together with Batman.

BULLOCK: Batman, behind you!

BATMAN: Bullock?

Bullock shot an inmate that was about to attack Batman from behind. At this point, Batman was a bit confused why Bullock would save him despite their differences.

BULLOCK: Look, I'm not here to shoot you or arrest you. I know we don't see eye to eye sometimes, but willing to do whatever it takes to end this nightmare. I'm sorry we turned against you.

BATMAN: It's alright. It's in the past now and you are forgiven.

BULLOCK: Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. Is there anything we can help you with?

BATMAN: I need your help to safely evacuate the civilians out of the streets. Then head back to the precinct with Commissioner Gordon.

BULLOCK: We're on it.

Bullock and the rest of his police squad started evacuating all of the civilians they could find to a safe place.

Batman and Robin continued on their journey to find the Joker and beating up some inmates along the way.

Instead, Batman and Robin found their rouges gallery waiting for the dynamic duo. It was Bane with his Venom drug, Riddler wearing the giant mechanized suit he used before, Penguin armed his umbrella blade, Mr. Freeze wearing his armored suit and Freeze gun, Firefly wearing his jetpack and flamethrower, Scarecrow holding a giant sickle and filled with his fear gas, Anarky, and Bela.

ROBIN: Let me guess, this is one of those 'not the easy way but the right moment'?

Robin smirked while he brought out his Bo Staff.

BATMAN: (*sigh) Alright, everyone. You had your fun tonight now by but now it's time for you all to get back in your cell.

FIREFLY: In your dreams, Bat! This place burns tonight and you with it!

BATMAN: You know, that's where you're going to end up anyway.

BANE: Not this time!

All of the villains have cornered the dynamic duo in a circle while Batman and Robin were in a position of back to back.

ROBIN: (*chuckle) Kinda seemed outnumbered....

BATMAN: For them.

To be continued....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.
- I'm really planning to kill Johnny off at the end of my story.