Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven| How Pitiful

Rengoku had managed to transport (y/n) over to where she was to be apart of this Hashira Meeting.  Gaining the opinion from his peers as well as the final decision from Oyakata-sama. Her being unconscious was beneficial. They all got the chance to look at her, with her eyes closed, she looked too human. Her previously discolored skin was appearing to look different . It was interesting. Oyakata-sama didn't have an answer to share with them but none of them asked him directly. Usually they talk amongst themselves about their theories.  The room was lit by a candle, and it was fairly big but with that many people. There was only so much space for even them to sit side to side.

It was still dark and you were transported while unconscious. You were smacked across the face which startled you awake. To your awareness now, the scarred man was before you again. What was it again?

"Ah.... Sah..... Sanemi...." You showed obvious annoyance and that was where the crooked smile was still there and never fading.

"Don't wear it out, Demon. It'll probably be the last thing you say. Now stay quiet from here on forward! Or your head! Is gonna end up in the coi fish pond, eaten like fish food." He walked away and it was then and there that you noticed your surroundings. You noticed the pillars and there was also the strange doll like person also there. Not just one but two of them with white hair. They were honestly creepy looking but I guess no one's gonna admit that. You decided to comply with being silent. Your eyes gazed over to Rengoku but he didn't even look at you at the moment, a smile on his face as the Proud Hashira he was.

"Oyakata-sama is coming." A voice spoke. The line of Hashiras were to their knees and you kept your head up to see. When doing so you noticed Sanemi's eyes glaring as of intent to kill. You understood and even though it seemed unnecessary due to your status, this was probably a way he'd like to see you suffer. Nonetheless, humor Sanemi. Your head slowly came down, you were already to your knees. You felt as if his eyes were burning to the back of your head though, piercing through your (h/l) hair.

"My children..." a calm voice spoke your eyes peaked to look at the person before you. They were completely vulnerable?! This blind man was the head of the Corp? Your superior has a problem with an ill man? His scent was weak and you can feel his heart beat skip. Who knows how long he's been like this but he has been holding onto dear life. He seemed so young though. How unfortunate. "How hungry must you be demon. I've heard you have successfully removed yourself from his grasp little by little. Intentional or not." He spoke, he may not see but the way he spoke was unsettling.

"During your time here, I didn't expect you to get inside or... stay long. My children are well aware of Demons being forbidden between these walls. Though, I see why you were spared."

Sanemi had spoken but apologized before continuing to talk. He was passionate about this one.

"I will remove her head now! Rengoku had went against the code!"

A woman with pink hair spoke, she looked so adorable a young. Now looking at them, there was a variety of them... "Oh! Please not in front of me! I just got back from a scary mission!" She whimpered.

"Rengoku should face punishment." A man who seemed to have teary eyes spoke. His voice was intimidating by his choice of words. "I pray for us all to open our eyes."

"I can execute the demon in a flamboyant fashion. Simple." The other man would threaten you as well. "Though, Rengoku has been honest with what he has done.. maybe a light punishment?" He seems to care about him since he didn't take back his idea of taking your head.

Some remained quiet and the rest spoke between cutting your head off and bashing Rengoku. A small handful were defending him cause his honesty was their favorite personality of his. He had not said a word to retaliate though his lips weren't smiling anymore.

Their "Master" has brought his hand to his lip and it went silent immediately. He kindly smiled still but soon he spoke again. It was familiar and you were shaken. The little doll children mentioned it to him.

"I see. It's not so unfamiliar." He carried on with the point. "Rengoku, your father isn't in your position anymore and you striving to be him will never suffice." Harshly saying, Rengoku had seemed struck by it. "You are a new Flame Hashira who will make your steps from being your Father and more from this point. I believe what you are doing had no ill intention." It seemed less harsh but it was honest. "We can all agree that Rengoku has a good heart and has always been truthful."

You remembered his father faintly. Now thinking about it, you would notice, even though it was pointed out a lot, Rengoku wore the drapes. It wasn't as if they had them like fans would with t shirts. It was official. You could fairly imagine how disappointing this could be towards his father. "Though, (Y/N) isn't welcome here any longer and will be handed over to a good ally to us." He mentioned. You worried.

"Don't worry, Rengoku will escort you and you will be monitored by both parties. You have potential left in you. I do apologize that our forces weren't spread out to have you become this. I do imagine it wasn't my choice."

You remained silent.

"I....It's..... it doesn't matter anymore....." as if you were going to accept that apology. It's far too gone to turn back and see it coming. You were honest in return. That was all and the man had walked out.

"Your next mission will be assigned to you all. Follow your crows." Were his last words and so the drapes were removed from the windows, it was morning so suddenly in the room. The candles were blown out as the curtains were removed. The Sun creeped into the room and though you were restrained, you got up to dash back. Sanemi had approached you when getting to your dark corner.

"Pitiful." He snickered. He had opened a chest before you and motioned did you to go inside it. It had some lock and chains to surround it."C'mon now." He spoke with slight aggression and while he let out those words, your gaze at Rengoku almost killed you. He and the rest of them just starred. Bickering between each other. Sanemi had just decided to grab you and shove you in. At least it was shut but you were crammed inside.

"Kyojuro...." You said before you decided to fall silent.

~~Outside the Box~~

"Geez...Who dressed her? " Sanemi commented.

The pink,green haired girl spoke shyly raising her hand. Everyone was dumbfounded but she let out a 'sorry'.

"Rengoku, personal feelings can be beneficial but also not be the best idea." Another girl spoke with softness in her voice.

"You were friends with her? Despite her demon appearance, she could've been hot." One of the taller men spoke.

A snake hissed. "Oyakata-sama is being generous. It probably won't happen again."

;lol;

"She was cute.. she seemed so sad..." the pink,green haired girl gave sympathy.

"I'm coming with you, Rengoku. In case you screw up twice." Sanemi said and picked the chest up with little problem.

"I pray for your safe return." The teary eyed Hashira spoke. "You have a good heart, Rengoku."

"If she escapes! Take her head off in a flamboyant fashion!"

"What was I doing again...?"