Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen| The Rengoku Family

Shinobu began to slowly warm up to (y/n) and not because of the current state she was in. Tanjiro has a great impact of character that helped changed perspectives. During (y/n)'s time at the Butterfly Estate, she begins to befriend everyone. Despite always being under Shinobu's eye, (y/n) had hung out with Nezuko a lot as well. Tanjiro had also had time to interact with you but the rest of them weren't there to be aware of your existence, so the 'do not enter' room was something they were curious about. Zenitsu was thinking 'is it the most beautiful person in the world? ' The dreamer..
Rengoku Kyojuro had conversed about the situation with his Father who at first wasn't attentive but when realizing what he said was serious, he would've gotten angry...

Within the butterfly estate, The Kamabako Squad were working on improving their skills. Through tough practice of course. Shinobu checked on you as well as her sister Kanao. You looked like a frail human due to the situation and your body trying to adapt to it. It was definitely going to take time to adjust but it may kill you or not. The chances weren't clear but Shinobu learned as she progressed. Making certain medicines to assist you. They were all revolving around position but they also were tests for the future.

Something she's been working on for awhile. When injecting you with such, you had a worrisome reaction but eventually it'd cease. Your frail body started to change under the dosage. It was as if you were gaining weight. You stomach also responded by getting bigger. Shinobu made sure to record your status.

Rengoku had returned everyday after going back to see his father and brother. He didn't stay long or the night since he was going to see you. It was unusual for him not to stay so Senjuro asked.

-Rengoku Residence-

"Brother! Why're you leaving so soon? Is fathers words getting to you?" He asked worried. Rengoku turned to him while hearing his footsteps. He had his arms crossed and gave him attention.

"Not at all!" He reassured his brother. "I have a mission to that's going to be awhile for me to clear but I will be back." He promised his little brother Senjuro.

"Awhile? How can a mission be that long...? Why're you by yourself." Rengoku crouched down to his brother and put his hand as if he was ready to whisper but he was almost terrible for that.

"You were just a little smaller but do you remember (y/n)?" He mentioned Senjuro looked up as if he was in thought.

"(L/n)?" He questioned. Rengoku nodded. Senjuro was so young then but he remembered so little of that time.

"Let's just say she's not in good shape right now and I'm trusted to accompany her." He justified with Senjuro. "This may shock you—" Then an aggressive slide of the door came. They knew it was only one other person.

"Oi! Tell him that you are gonna make him an uncle why don't you?!?" The bottle in his hand half empty as he exited in his robes. Senjuro was shocked but he was young. He took it as a ruined surprise at first. "With a damn! Demon!" He complained and soon cracked the bottle on the floor. Senjuro jolted and looked at Kyojuro.

"Is that possible?"

Kyojuro calmly responded "it had me beat of thought." He admitted and stood up as Senjuro was standing there nervously. He came up to Kyojuro and shoved Senjuro by the face away. He grabbed his own son by the collar. "I should rip that Haori off your torso right now. I don't care if it was (y/n)! I don't care if it was anymore! That's a damn demon you wanted to involve yourself with!" He let go of him and stepped away. "What does it matter. All of it is crap. Of course! I'm the only one who is aware of how downhill the whole thing is." He mumbled then went back into his room.

"Brother, is it really true?" He asked. Kyojuro nodded and smiled.

"That was the passion of Father I haven't seen in awhile." He'd Pat his brothers head. "Maybe I can bring her over here?" He thought

"Isn't she a demon? Wouldn't that be bad..." Senjuro said. "Father would..." Kyojuro spoke

" Kyojuro spoke

"Senjuro.." he started "I was told to have no shame! For it would put me in the mindset of what I am doing is shameful! I feel no shame in having involved myself with (y/n), you remember her as kind and sweet. I believe she still has a good heart despite her situation. Nonetheless; if my child burns a strong soul within her, I believe that smoothes the situation by some." He laughed out loud with a slight blush.

Senjuro smiled at his brothers own joy. He didn't understand how the demon slayer corps worked but they have let some things that seemed odd, he'd thought. Rengoku went on his way, waving farewell to his younger brother.

"Me an uncle..." Senjuro thought. "I worry about you, Brother."