Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine| Beyond lies Home

Samei traveled one way and Rengoku went another. Rengoku noticed branches that'd broke so he assumed it was you ahead. Eventually he was hearing movement. Sanemi wasn't far from where Rengoku ran off too since they both assumed one direction was definitely where you went . Spotting evidence , but still splitting off. It was probably a good bonding moment for them. Sanemi can't defeat the fact that he likes Rengoku as a person so they talked from time to time about the situation. It almost seemed like Sanemi lightened up over you but soon cut it, Rengoku pushed it a few times and laughed.

You sat in an already ruined home. There was blood and corpses of people being slaughtered. You stared at the bone in a half eaten arm but you weren't hungry. It felt like your mouth was dry rather than salivated like before. Whatever you were under, seemed to have clouded your demon instincts greatly. There was no fear, you felt free, yet you were limited greatly by the fact that you were a demon. The moon still was out and the night felt long again. You closed your eyes for sometime before a shadow rained into the home you were in. Another demon.

"You're in my territory! Get lost." He addressed and you ignored him. You heard it growl but then picked yourself up. Before it'd lunge you saw a bright flame appear behind them. You knew it well, and the demons head was removed the next second and turned to ash.

First Form... Unknowing Fire!

"Demon" he started "Your merciless actions will end here." A wave of fire swarmed the house and you both were inside, the bodies were burning with it to where they were decimated by the fire.

"I'm not going back." You protested as you both were on different parts of the room. Rengoku changed his stance before attacking you head on. You were dodging his attacks swiftly now. The outdoors gave you more freedom once the house crashed into the ground. Eventually, he'd just grab you and throw you down with crazy strength. Rengoku was aware that his physical strength continued to surprise you so he abused that whenever missing a swing. Your head hit the floor first and your nose ran. He'd sit upon your stomach but while dropping to do so, he'd remove your arms. This was annoying at this point. You were going to die here. Rengoku gripped your neck with a serious look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). Again. You may hate to hear me say this again... but you would've done the Demon Corps. justice. I'm sorry I wasn't there for your family and I have no excuse."

"You're so damn lucky. You were to be the next Hashira anyways." You said in response. "I hated you. Whatever you did, you worked hard, yes.... You were just destined to be next. Then so will the line go." You mentioned. Your arms were slowly forming as you were speaking. He heard you out with his firey eyes. What you said was definitely a trigger.

His hesitation was noted, you emotionally blew up. You exhaled after venting to him about how your past friendship began to blow up into pity. The more you'd thought about it, less the friendship became.

"I didn't even like you! You were always bothering me! Showing off what I tried to learn by myself! You ruined it! Now look at me?!" You finished as his brows had shifted to appear more sympathetic again. He seemed moved by your words. By that time, your arms had regenerated.

"Wait, you liked me?" He got in your face where his eyes were locked. You turned red and used your legs to grab him by the waist and throw him off like in previous scenarios. He rolled back and stood up. Rengoku had tucked his blade away.

"That couldn't be the only thing you heard!!" You complained to him and picked yourself up. It seemed he took the situation seriously by so much now. He'd be done with you probably if you had not spoke up.

"(y/n), I would also like to say. If I may..."Rengoku paused as you both stood a good distance from each other. You nodded your head. "This isn't how I would ever imagine us interacting again to be. Even though previously we have shared a path together. We have both grown differently." He began to respond to everything you had mentioned.

"I have determined that despite you being a demon you are still more than that to me." It was bold of him to even put his sword up. He spook firmly and his words were beginning to move you as well.

"I don't remember a time you had actually despised me honestly, and hearing it now seems not true. On my end, I apologize for letting you go and face evil itself on your own. I look for no excuse. Though, I feel like becoming a demon has clouded your vision and I will help you!" The cold wind came and made him look so majestic with his flamed coat. "I will secretly aid you yet if you kill another human being, I might as well carve my stomach open for letting you live."

"I won't lie.. everytime I come near you with your demon abilities, I see something." It seemed snow began to settle in. You heard the crunch of it beneath his feet as he took steps to you. You didn't move away yet allowed him to next pick your head up by your cheek lightly. His hand was warm though it was beginning to get cold outside for the case of a human.
"I saw more than what you are now. I'm not sure if your talent gives others just illusions or it tells a desired future, but I feel as though my acceptance of it has changed my perspective." From afar, you'd hear a voice yell. It's sound like Sanemi who didn't seem to far off. "Where you were going, there's an empty home in the mountains. Keep heading up and I'll see you next time." He'd take hold of your hands lightly and next kiss your forehead.

You blushed but soon he'd draw his sword and a loud ring would've echoed

You blushed but soon he'd draw his sword and a loud ring would've echoed. The flames from the house beside you would've finally left so you could see Sanemi's shadow as the snow began to blow in. You would flee yet Rengoku had tore your attire and hold in hand to show Sanemi. The ashes of the house was a good way to confuse him on if you're dead or not.

You did listen well to where he wanted to see you in the future.you would hope that he would come and though you were hungry. You didn't want to have Rengoku kill himself. You paused again to see them jump off. He didn't look back this time but you felt he knew you were watching.