Chapter Eleven

~~Still in the Mountains~~ *Somewhere*
Chapter Eleven| In & Out

Rengoku and (y/n) bonded despite the different paths you been on. You discovers he was only out on short leave because he refused to relax and wanted to keep going. One of these injuries was too severe and even the pink and green haired girl had contribution to that. Hugging him fractured his rib a little more. Even though, he stepped out a lot, he couldn't help it due to him being eager to still fulfill his duties as a Hashira. The nearest village asked for little things of him to keep him going. (Y/n) was sleeping almost most of morning everyday now to regain energy but she found something to do when they'd come back together.

During your time with Rengoku. He was venting about a lot of things that happened during his life. A Hashira had passed away and threw everyone's mood to the left so Sanemi was especially not open minded to Demons. Rengoku at first felt he'd come around but after said person was killed he had been hostile. He had mention his family situation, his mothers passing, father's change in behavior, but Senjuro was doing alright. He gave his impressions on the other Hashiras to understand where they're coming from so you'd understand the hostility but who'd blame them?

Rengoku had mentioned how there was another final selection and that 5 people have managed to survive which was slightly more than the last couple. Nonetheless, people don't have the courage to fight demons, learn, or anything to become apart of the demon corps. With civilization progressing in time, swords are starting to be forgotten and the enemy is not hitting big in other areas that the world barely is aware of possible end of the world for humanity.

Rengoku was eating so many bowls of food while he talked to you and you just watched. You both were in some comfortable attire while sitting at the small table.
"This is delicious, (y/n)! Even though you can't eat it... it still is as good as I remember!" Rengoku complimented. You were tired of him buying things, even though you were now aware their pay is unlimited. You suggested he purchase good for you to cook things from scratch.

"I almost forgot how to... thank goodness I have you as a taste tester." You smiled as he ate and then continued to talk more. "Why..are you sparring me, Rengoku?"

Rengoku grew serious as he thought about the situation he was in. Again, the topic of how this is a violation of code. He'd just finish another bowl. The pot was probably half full and would be finished tomorrow.

"I have stuck my neck out for you and I don't know why. My passion as a Hashira hasn't died though but I can't bring my blade to remove your head. I have trained for some time, enjoyed it, and I love to keep people safe. Though..." he said and put his possibly 7th bowl down.

"You, I can't. It's as if my eyes aren't seeing you as a demon. My perspective at first was so straight to killing you when we first met after some time. It probably would've been better than dealing with living this way.. and I barely recognized you! You noticed me. I saw it in your eyes, it made me pause since a demon never had recognized me as me. Not my father." He chuckled. "He had demons shivering and the difference is that there's me and you. Even when I was about to do it again. Whatever your scent gave from what your power does. It gave me a perspective I wondered way back when we were younger." Rengoku kept going. As he spoke, you decided to collect his finished bowls. He thanked you while you did so, first to do it himself, but you ignored him and rid of them faster than him trying to pull them away. The moment made you two laugh.

"But anyway...." You both we're looking at each other again. "Have you liked me?! All this time?!?"

"Eh?!?" Your face flabbergasted by how blunt he was.

"You addressed me differently! I saw something I never thought of in awhile as a chance! A mild thought! You looked back at me when we hopped through the trees! I know you wouldn't smile like that towards Sanemi!" He loudly expressed and cramped. It stopped him temporarily from talking. His hand on his chest and inhaled.

"LOOK! YOU'RE HURTING YOURSELF BY SPEWING DUMB THINGS!?!" You yelled at him as he bowed his head again from pain.

"Dumb things? I'm a no fool! I'm also a good guesser. It was like you dove into a memory I had when I was training with you. It was only a faint thought It had to be more than anything then." Rengoku had you quiet. You thought about it more. For your ability, you were able to make illusions by activating a mist that came from your body. It either peaked into a great interest of your prey or something you wanted. Though, for Rengoku. It seemed it reached something you were not aware of doing. There may be more things you're capable of.

"I didn't even think of you like that." You started to mumble the rest"...then..."

"Hm?"

"Nothing!"

"I felt like, now. Didn't exist. As if we were walking together my whole life. I woke up, it seemed and everything was where I was now. I am getting to understand your art. It is definitely dangerous." You laughed a little.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Y'know..." you had closed your eyes for a moment and your cheeks were mildly red now. "I didn't want to excel in being a demon. I wanted to be a Hashira like how cool your dad seemed. Your goal was my goal as well. To do what most didn't have the courage to do, yet I wasn't walking the same path as you were."

"When we went our ways, I never stopped fighting to survive. I am still learning so many things about my new life." You looked at your hands, clenched them so your nails would pierce your skin. You were frustrated. "I apologize for what I said about envy. I honestly have begun to push everyone I knew then away. I even.... ate them... my neighbors...." You were brought to tears. "It still feels like it was yesterday. I am immortal but can't stand light, I can never move from the time I'm in now." Rengoku had come to your side to hold your hands that was temporarily bloody.

"I could never know what you've been through, (y/n).Yet! I do understand!" He was loud again which you quickly growled at.

"You're next to me! Why're you yelling again?!?" You yelled back.

"Hey! Let me lighten your mood! Why're you mad again?! Awe! Your face is red again! Ha! Ha! *gack*"

"LEARN FROM THIS! YOU'RE TOO NOISY!"

"YOU'RE TOO FUNNY!! *gack* *cough*"

"TONE IT DOWN!"