The Flame Hashira

Kyojuro Rengoku awoke to the beautiful, bright, and colorful sunrise. He was still in disbelief due to the events that had taken place over the past few days. He was more than ecstatic to finally be a Hashira. He spent years fighting for that title. That's always been his main goal. His father Shinjuro trained hard for years to get into that spot and Kyojuro refused to achieve any less than that. Kyojuro got up, opened the window, and took a breath of fresh air. The sun shone right on his face and the warmth gave him a sense of comfort and satisfaction.

Kyojuro's Kasugai crow approaches Kyojuro's bedroom door and gives him a message.

"Who is it?" Kyojuro asks in a cheery voice.

"You've been summoned to the Hashira meeting regarding your arrival! Please be there immediately!" His crow replies.

"Right!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Kyojuro arrives at the Hashira meeting with a joyful look on his face. He shakes the hands of all the other Hashira standing before him.  A woman steps out and introduces herself.

"I'm Shinobu Kocho, and I'm very pleased to meet you." she says.

Kyojuro smiles.

"The pleasure is mine!"

Kagaya Ubuyashiki approaches all the Hashira. They all kneel and give their regards to their master.

"Good morning." Ubuyashiki says.

"Good morning Master!" Kanae Kocho replies.

"I'm sure you've all noticed we have a new member. Meet Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira."

The Hashira all look at Kyojuro and offer their congratulations.

"Kyojuro Rengoku is 18 years old and has been part of the Demon Slayer Corps since he was very young. His father Shinjuro is the former Flame Hashira and Kyojuro is more than capable of fulfilling that role. Treat Kyojuro with the utmost respect. He's earned this title just as the rest of you have. Despite all the excitement of having someone new here, we need to remember our purpose. We are here to slay demons and protect other people's lives." Ubayashiki explains.

"Are there any new missions Master?" Shinobu asks.

"Yes, I have multiple assignments." Ubuyashiki replies.

He looks over at Kyojuro and Giyu Tomioka. "

"Rengoku and Tomioka, there is a rumored Twelve Kizuki located in the city of Osaka. I would like you two to survey the city and make sure everyone is safe. You two will travel together but I'd like you to separate once you arrive and take on half of the city yourself."

"Right!" Kyojuro replies nodding his head.

Giyu nods.

"I'd like you two to head out immediately. There's no time to waste when there's a Twelve Kizuki around. Kyojuro, I've arranged your route so you can stop by your residence and inform your father and brother of your new achievement." Ubuyashiki says.

"Thank you!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Giyu and Rengoku head out. Giyu's Kasugai crow guides them.

Kyojuro and Giyu arrive at the Rengoku residence. Kyojuro cheerfully enters his home, ecstatic to tell his father the news.

Kyojuro enters his home to see his father lying on the floor, alcohol in hand. This is normal for Shinjuro. Kyojuro takes a look around the room, taking it all in. He turns to look at his father. He begins telling him all about how he's the new Flame Hashira. He explains all the training he went through and the process it took. He couldn't be more excited to tell Shinjuro all of this. Maybe his father will finally appreciate him.