An Unfamiliar Feeling

Kyojuro gazes into Riri's eyes.

"She looks so stunning with her hair down." He thinks to himself.

Kyojuro brings Riri to her bed and sets her down gently. He rubs her arms.

"How was your first day at the Butterfly Mansion?"

Riri smiles. "It was amazing! Shinobu and Kanae are so sweet and I've really been enjoying myself."

Kyojuro looks at how happy she is. He's never seen a smile so contagious. He cares about everyone, but he cares about Riri in a different way. He can't quite put his finger on it, but there's something about her.

Riri notices Kyojuro staring at her.

"Is everything alright?" she asks.

Kyojuro smiles and puts his hand on top of hers.

"Everything is perfect."

Riri wraps her arms around Kyojuro. She's wanted a hug from him all day. He wraps his arms around her waist and feels her heart beating faster and faster. He realizes it now. He likes her.

Riri lets go of the hug. She gazes into Kyojuro's eyes.

"I'm really exhausted, so I'm gonna get some rest. Thank you for stopping by to say goodnight Kyojuro."

She lays her head down on her pillow and waves goodbye as Kyojuro leaves. When Kyojuro reaches the door he stops and looks back at Riri. He smiles at her, turns off her light, and closes the door as quietly as he can.

As Kyojuro walks down the hallway he runs into Shinobu. She stops him.

"When are you going to begin Riri's training?" she asks.

"As soon as her wound heals." Kyojuro replies.

"I'll have Aoi take a look at it tomorrow. She's improved a lot within one day. She barely limps and there's times where you can't really tell it's having an effect on her."

"I'm glad she's healing quickly. I'm eager to start training with her!" Kyojuro says.

"Oh I'm sure you are." Shinobu says with a playful tone and a smirk on her face.

Kyojuro chuckles.

"Don't let her get in the way of your duties as a Hashira. I trust you won't, but it's still important to remind you." Shinobu says.

Kyojuro nods. "Right!"

The next morning, Riri wakes up and requests to have Aoi check her wounds. Aoi does a quick check and Riri has significantly improved.

"Get up and try walking across the room." Aoi orders.

Riri gets up and walks across the room without limping.

"It still hurts, but I can endure it!" Riri exclaims.

Aoi nods and leaves the room. Riri smiles and looks out the window. She can see the headquarters in the distance. She hopes Kyojuro is getting to know the other Hashira well.

Shinobu comes up from behind Riri and gives her a hug.

"Good morning!" Shinobu exclaims.

Riri looks behind her and smiles. "Good morning!"

"Kanao is leading yoga downstairs if you'd like to participate!" Shinobu exclaims.

"I would love to!" Riri says.

The two girls head downstairs to the gym and get out some yoga mats. Kanao places her yoga mat at the front of the gym so she can lead. Shinobu and Riri place their mats right next to each other. Kanae comes in a little later with some water bottles. She hands them out to each person. Kanao begins leading the girls with some beginners stretches. Riri's wounds are aching but she pushes through the pain. Shinobu goes above and beyond to be more flexible than the others. Kanao then leads the girls with some pretty difficult positions. Riri can barely stretch that much but she does her best and succeeds. Shinobu, Kanao, and Kanae make it look easy.