Kaji Rengoku

Five months pass by. Kyojuro's death didn't hurt any less, but it did get a little easier for Riri to deal with.

Riri wakes up in the infirmary at the Butterfly Mansion, she was so exhausted, and she couldn't quite tell if the events that happened yesterday were a part of her dream, or if they were reality. She looks over to the left side of the bed. That's when she realizes it. Her baby was born. She looks at him, laying in a small crib next to her. He's asleep, and he is beautiful.

Aoi walks up to Riri.

"Your baby is doing very well. How are you doing?"

Riri smiles.

"I'm so tired. Did I really give birth to him yesterday? I barely remember anything."

"Shinobu injected you with many different medicines. It's normal to be a bit dazed. I'm sure the events will come back to you."

"Do I get to take him home?" Riri asks.

"Shinobu requests that you stay here for a week, just so we can all keep on eye on the baby, as well as you. We want you to recover safely."

"Thank you!"

Shinobu walks in.

"Riri! You're awake!"

Riri smiles. She holds her arms out to give Shinobu a quick hug.

"Am I allowed to hold my baby?" Riri asks.

"Oh my goodness of course." Shinobu says as she picks him up.

She hands the baby over to Riri. Riri grabs him gently and lays him in her arms. She cradles him back and forth, slowly. She stares into his beautiful, red, eyes. She begins to tear up.

"He looks like his dad." She says.

Aoi and Shinobu smile.

"Damn. I really wish Kyojuro was here to meet him. He was so excited to become a father." Riri cries.

"He gets to see your baby grow up from heaven. I know it's not the same, but he's still here with you." Shinobu reassures.

Riri kisses her baby's forehead.

"Have you thought of a name?" Aoi asks as she gets out the empty birth certificate.

"Kyojuro and I discussed names after we found out I was pregnant, but we never came to a conclusion." Riri explains.

"Well, you have to come up with something." Aoi says.

Riri looks at the baby. She thinks of Kyojuro. Suddenly, it hits her.

"I want him to be named Kaji."

"Why Kaji?" Aoi asks.

"It means blaze. I think it's very fitting, considering some of Kyojuro's last words."

Aoi scribbles down the name on the birth certificate.

"Congratulations."

Giyu and Mitsuri knock at the door of the infirmary. Shinobu answers.

"Are we allowed to meet the baby?" Mitsuri asks.

"Yes, come in!" Riri yells from her bed.

Giyu and Mitsuri walk in.

"He's adorable! The baby looks just like Rengoku!" Mitsuri says.

"Do you want to hold him?" Riri asks.

Mitsuri nods. Riri hands the baby over. She looks down at the cute little face of his.

"You really look exactly like your dad. You will do great things someday" Mitsuri says to the baby.