Don't Get Too Attached

Riri and Kyojuro are taking a morning walk and discussing plans for the wedding.

"Are you getting fitted for your kimono soon?" Kyojuro asks.

"Aoi has that arranged for me. I don't know when though." Riri replies.

"You're gonna look breathtaking!" Kyojuro says.

Riri blushes. She kisses him on the cheek. Her Kasugai crow approaches them as they continue walking down the path.

"Riri! You are being ordered to go to Takko Village! You will meet up with Akemi from Final Selection when you get there!"

"Thank you!" Riri exclaims.

Riri turns to Kyojuro.

"That's the girl from Final Selection that I was telling you about!"

"You two will do an exceptional job!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Riri hugs him goodbye.

"Good luck, Riri." Kyojuro says.

Riri spends the whole day traveling to Takko Village. When she arrives she sees that Akemi has set up camp there. Riri runs to her.

"Akemi!" Riri exclaims.

The two of them embrace.

"How's your love life with your trainer?" Akemi asks.

Riri holds out her hand to show off her engagement ring.

"We're getting married!" Riri exclaims.

Akemi smiles.

"Congratulations. From what I've heard from you, he seems like a great guy, and you guys seem perfect for each other."

"Thank you!" Riri replies.

"So, apparently this demon is more powerful than originally thought. Over half of the village has been devoured this past week." Akemi explains.

"Could it be a Twelve Kizuki?" Riri asks.

"That's what I'm thinking."

"Why would they only send two Mizunoto ranks?" Riri asks.

"The Corps doesn't know this information. They only heard of a few deaths, but from what I've heard from the people who reported it, there's a lot more." Akemi explains.

"This isn't good, but if any two Mizunoto ranks can take on a Twelve Kizuki, it's us!"

"Oh for sure, but I think we should contact the Corps just in case, so they can send backup if it's necessary."

"That's not a bad idea." Riri replies.

Akemi writes a letter and sends it with her Kasugai crow to report to the Corps.

"I say we start searching. We can't risk any more lives being taken." Akemi says.

"Right!" Riri replies.

The two girls begin running around the town.

Back at the headquarters, Kagaya and Sanemi are discussing important strategies. Akemi's crow approaches them.

"Oh no, this can't be good." Ubuyashiki says as he reaches for the letter. He takes a moment to read it.

"These demons seem to be getting stronger and stronger as the years go by." He says.

"Is it a Twelve Kizuki?" Sanemi asks.

"That's what they think. I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Kibutsuji seems to be less protective of them now that he's able to give them higher concentrations of his blood."