A New Chapter

Kyojuro spends the night with Riri. He holds her tight as she sleeps. He can't fall asleep due to the excitement of the engagement. He wants to marry her as soon as he can.

The next morning, Kyojuro wakes up to Riri braiding her hair. He walks up from behind her and hugs her. He rests his head on her shoulder. Riri looks at him and kisses his forehead.

"I love you!" Riri exclaims.

"I love you!" Kyojuro replies.

The two of them look into each other's eyes as Riri finishes braiding her hair. Shinobu knocks at the door.

"Come in!" Riri yells.

Shinobu walks in and looks slightly frightened when she sees Kyojuro.

"Good morning Riri, Rengoku." Shinobu says as she looks at the two of them.

Riri runs up to Shinobu and shows her the ring on her finger. Shinobu grabs Riri's hand and they squeal with excitement.

"Riri! Congratulations!" Shinobu exclaims.

Shinobu looks at Kyojuro.

"I know you'll take good care of her."

"Always and forever!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Shinobu hugs Riri.

"Kanae and I are leaving, so if you'd like to say goodbye we'll be in the lounge."

"Kyojuro and I will be there shortly!" Riri exclaims.

Shinobu leaves and closes the door behind her. Riri pulls Kyojuro in for a quick kiss before the two of them leave to go to the lounge.

Shinobu, Kanae, Kanao, and Aoi are all sitting on the same sofa. Kyojuro and Riri sit on the sofa across from them.

"So what's new with everyone?" Shinobu asks as she winks at Riri.

Riri stands up. "Kyojuro and I have something to announce!"

Kyojuro stands up and puts his arm around Riri.

"I get to marry the woman of my dreams!" He exclaims as he looks at her.

Riri blushes, and the four girls all squeal with excitement.

"Congratulations!" Kanae exclaims.

"I couldn't be happier for you guys." Aoi says.

Kyojuro and Riri smile. The amount of love in one room is overwhelming. They feel safe.

"I offer to help you guys plan the wedding!" Aoi chimes.

"Thank you Aoi! You are very much appreciated!" Riri exclaims.

Shinobu and Kanae get up from the sofa.

"Kanae and I need to get going." Shinobu says.

There's a slight shake in her voice. It doesn't go unnoticed.

"You are capable of anything you put your mind to!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Riri runs up to Kanae and Shinobu. She pulls them in for a big hug.

"You girls got this."

"We love you so much Riri." Shinobu says.

"I love you guys too."

The others say goodbye to Kanae and Shinobu before they head off. It could totally be the last time anyone ever sees Kanae and Shinobu again. It's the sad reality of being a Demon Slayer.

Aoi escorts Kanae and Shinobu out of the mansion and Kyojuro puts his arm around Riri. Riri looks at the ring Kanae and Shinobu gave her.

"I'm gonna get going. I'll see you later Riri!" Kyojuro exclaims.