A Selfless Act

Kyojuro runs toward the person lying on the ground. Before examining any details about her, Kyojuro checks to see if she's still breathing. She is. There's a wooden sword next to her. It's not the best quality. It looks homemade. Kyojuro gently flips the girl over. She's very beautiful. She has big blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair with curtain bangs. Kyojuro begins cleaning the blood off of her. He grabs some bandages from his bag and wraps them around her right leg. This is where most of the damage appeared to be done. As he's cleaning around the wounds, the girl wakes up.

"Don't mind me! I'm just caring for your wounds!" Kyojuro says with a smile on his face.

The girl looks at him. The first thing she notices are his kind eyes and excessively large eyebrows. She's too shaken up to speak at the moment.

"Is this your sword?" Kyojuro asks while making a motion toward the sword lying on the ground.

The girl nods her head.

"Are you able to explain anything that just happened?" Kyojuro asks.

"There was a demon here." The girl replies. "He wasn't that big, but he was very powerful. He fled when he smelled you coming. He had a number engraved on one of his eyes. I couldn't tell what it was because I was so concentrated on fighting."

"Did you take on this demon yourself?" Kyojuro asks.

"I made an attempt. I was able to cut off one of his arms but it regenerated within a minute!"

"What's your name?" Kyojuro asks.

"My name is Riri Beka." The girl replies.

"Nice to meet you Riri!" Kyojuro exclaims.

"Are you a Demon Slayer?" Riri asks.

"Yes. I'm a Hashira, the highest rank in the Corps."

"That's incredible! What's your name?" Riri asks.

"My name is Kyojuro Rengoku. I'm the Flame Hashira!"

"How old are you?" Riri asks.

"I'm eighteen years old. How about you?"

"I'm seventeen." Riri replies.

Kyojuro smiles at her. He can't get over how cute she is. Her eyes are so bright they light up the night. Her smile is so perfect. He admires her strength. She was able to fend for herself against a Twelve Kizuki, despite knowing no breathing techniques or having any sort of professional training.

"Are you able to walk?" Kyojuro asks. "The wound is pretty deep."

Riri gets up and makes an attempt to walk. She falls flat on her face. She laughs.

"I guess the wound is pretty deep isn't it. My leg is practically about to fall off!" She says chuckling.

Kyojuro admires her sense of humor. They're very similar in that regard.

"Let's go find a hospital so you can get professional care." Kyojuro says.

He tries to fit as many boxes of dango in his bag as he can. He has to leave some behind. He puts his bag on his back and picks up Riri.  Despite her acting normal, she's obviously taken quite a few hits. Her jaw is clearly cracked and she has wounds all over her body. The wound on her leg is the deepest. Riri falls asleep in Kyojuro's arms.

Kyojuro runs as fast as he can. He wants to get Riri to a hospital immediately. When they arrive he asks if he can stay in the room with her. The nurses agree.

Kyojuro sits on the bed next to Riri and anxiously waits her awakening. The doctors stitch up her wounds and inject many different kinds of medicine into her body. She doesn't wake up until the next morning.