The New Edition

Kyojuro meets up with Giyu outside of the city of Osaka.

"Who is this?" Giyu asks.

"This is Riri. She encountered the Twelve Kizuki and fought it all by herself despite having no training. I stayed with her to make sure she was okay. She would like to train and become a part of the Demon Slayer Corps, so I chose to bring her with me." Kyojuro explains.

Giyu nods.

Kyojuro and Giyu spend the whole day traveling back to the headquarters. Riri sleeps in Kyojuro's arms.

"I applaud you for doing your job, but this isn't about getting a girlfriend." Giyu says to Kyojuro.

Kyojuro's face turns a bright red.

"As a Hashira it's my duty to protect!"

"I understand that. Just be careful so your feelings don't get in the way." Giyu says.

Kyojuro looks down at Riri. He's definitely taken an interest in her, but it's too early to commit to anything.

When Kyojuro, Giyu, and Riri arrive at the headquarters, they head straight to Ubuyashiki to report to him.

Giyu explains how he killed the Twelve Kizuki, and Kyojuro explains the Riri situation.

"I will arrange for Riri to stay with Shinobu and Kanae in the Butterfly Mansion." Ubuyashiki says.

"Thank you!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Kyojuro carries Riri to the Butterfly Mansion. He knocks on the door. Shinobu answers.

"I see that you've brought Riri here to stay with my sisters and I. Thank you, Rengoku." Shinobu says.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay with you." Riri replies.

"Of course! I look forward to getting to know you."

Kyojuro and Shinobu bring Riri to her new room and help her get settled.

"If you need anything let me know. I will be glad to assist you." Shinobu says as she leaves.

Kyojuro helps Riri put away all the new clothes Shinobu supplied for her.

"Thank you for doing all of this for me." Riri says.

"Thank you for coming into my life!" Kyojuro replies.

Riri blushes. Kyojuro finishes putting everything away.

"When will I get to see you?" Riri asks.

"Shinobu can summon me at any time if you'd like, and I'll often be at the headquarters, training."

Riri gets up to give Kyojuro a hug. Kyojuro lifts her up and sits her down on the bed. He places his hands on her waist.

"You shouldn't risk furthering your injury!" Kyojuro warns.

Riri hugs Kyojuro as tight as she possibly can. They hug for a while. They enjoy being in each other's presence. Riri feels safe in his arms. She was so terrified when she encountered the Twelve Kizuki. She used more strength than she even had just so she could protect herself. She figured she would die alone. She begins to tear up.

Kyojuro looks at her. He wipes the tears off of her face. He gently slides his thumb across her cheek.

"You're safe here."

Riri smiles as they wave goodbye. When Kyojuro leaves she lays down on the bed and begins thinking about everything that just happened. She thinks she may be catching feelings for Kyojuro.