Two Rings

Shinobu and Riri pull away from the hug.

"Who could be here this early?" Shinobu questions.

Riri gasps. Her face turns pale as a ghost.

"I think it could be my sword!"

Shinobu grabs Riri's hand and the two run downstairs to the front door. They encounter Kanae as she's about to answer.

"Let Riri answer!" Shinobu yells.

Riri slowly approaches the door and opens it. She sees a man in a mask standing before her. It's the swordsmith, Hotaru Hagenezuka.

"Greetings." Hotaru says. "I'm here to see Riri Bekka."

"I am Riri. Nice to meet you." She replies.

Hotaru hands her the sword. Riri carefully grabs it and holds it up to see the color of the Nichirin Blade. She watches it change color.

"It's red!" She exclaims.

Hotaru warns Riri to take care of her sword, and honor the color for it has been honored by other Flame Breathers before her.

"Thank you!" Riri exclaims.

Hotaru heads off into the distance. A happy tear rolls down Riri's face.

Shinobu and Kanae look at her and smile.

"We have something else for you." Kanae says.

Riri looks up at them. Kanae grabs a small box from behind her and gives it to Riri. Riri opens it eagerly but carefully. It's a small ring with a yellow flower design, and a small flame as the center of the flower. Riri puts it on her finger and smiles.

"This means so much to me! Thank you!"

Kanae smiles and gives a slight nod.

Shinobu smiles. "You're welcome."

Riri tucks her sword away behind her haori. She can't wait for Kyojuro to see her in the new uniform. She walks outside to go take a breath of fresh air. She encounters Giyu on the pathway.

"Good morning Giyu!" Riri exclaims.

Giyu steps closer to Riri. "Good morning. I see you're officially a part of the Demon Slayer Corps."

Riri has the largest grin on her face. "Yes!"

"Well done." Giyu says.

Riri runs up to him and hugs him. He stands there for a while, a bit confused. Riri doesn't let go, and suddenly Giyu finds himself wrapping his arms around her as well.

"I'm gonna continue walking down the path. We should catch up soon!" Riri exclaims as she lets go.

Giyu gives a little wave goodbye as Riri continues walking. He's very confused.

"We're not really this close, are we?"

As Riri makes her way down the path she decides to visit Kyojuro at the headquarters. She approaches the residence and knocks on the door. Kyojuro answers. He stands there in complete awe. He looks at Riri wearing her uniform. Riri stands there, with a smile on her face, waiting for him to say something. Kyojuro picks her up and embraces her. He sets her down and smiles.

"You look wonderful in your new uniform!" Kyojuro exclaims.

"Thank you!" Riri replies.

"Would you like to go on a date with me tonight?" Kyojuro asks.

"Of course!" Riri replies.

Kyojuro smiles. He has the engagement ring tucked in his haori. He's so tempted to get on his knees and propose right now, but he knows he should wait for tonight.